Author Topic: Absalom Beaney  (Read 239 times)

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Absalom Beaney
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 May 19 14:22 BST (UK) »
Have you found Absalom on the 1939 register?
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline nelwild

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • great grandmother Emma Jane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 May 19 15:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all the replies.

I haven't found the 1920 Absalom on the 1939,but I think ive found his parents.His mmn was Newing,and there are three other Beaney births mmn Newing:

Emanuel William 1909 Milton

Fanny May 1916 Milton

Belcher 1924 Milton

On the 1939 theres an Absalom born 25/11/1885,but mistranscribed as Abraham,with Florence E b1887,Manuel and Belcher.I think Manuel married Mina Hilden in Dartford in 1940(Emmanuel Beaney).Florence Newing is on the 1901 as Newin b1888 Milton.

Im thinking theres a good chance that this is Absaloms family.It all fits geographically.I would need to get the marriage cert to confirm it,but I think this is the most likely one.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shaun

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 16 May 19 10:53 BST (UK) »
I have an Absolom Beeney/Beaney in my tree b. 1904 in Northiam, Sussex who was the brother of my great grandfather John Beeney.

I haven't looked into detail with him yet, but will let you know if I find any crossover with the names you have mentioned.

ALso the Beeney/Beaney family is a well known travelling family, so might be worth posting the same question on the travelling families forum too.

thanks

Shaun