Author Topic: Trefeglyws  (Read 11434 times)

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Trefeglyws
« Reply #9 on: Friday 21 August 09 16:47 BST (UK) »
Found this site http://www.trefeglwys.org.uk/

Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 August 09 19:57 BST (UK) »

Dave - Hello!!!  How are you?  I don't get on here much these days, just popping back every now and then when I'm not busy!!!

annielacy - Wow, I wonder if my Nan knew your Aunt Lou.  Do you know what number they lived at?  My Nan lived at No 6.  After she died her sister lived in the house.  My Aunty and Uncle still live in No 8, and my Dad was born at No 10 in 1932!!!!
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline annielacy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 August 09 21:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
My aunt and uncle lived at number 5 Foundry Terrace until about 1973. they then moved into the sheltered housing at Llysnant. We were in Llani last week and spoke to a lady who said her husband was born at no.10 and his name was Ron Jones.
My aunt was known in Llani as Lou and her husband was Cliff Benbow. I think his cousin Elsie and her husband Phil lived next door in no.6. Their surname was Price.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 August 09 21:34 BST (UK) »
Ron Jones is my Uncle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Dad's brother!!!!!! What a coincidence!!!

You must have been talking to my Aunty Dynwen :D

In 1973 I would have been 7 years old, and I vaguely remember the Benbow's next door to Nan.

Elsie & Phil??? Can't recall them!

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

Offline annielacy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 23 August 09 21:40 BST (UK) »
its a small world...... How long did your nan live at number 6 for. Im not sure how long Elsie and Phil were there for.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 23 August 09 21:49 BST (UK) »
oh gosh, now that's a good question :D  I've only ever visited her at No 6, and she died in 1978 when I was 11.  My grandad died in 1962 so it's possible she moved there then.  I'll have to ask my Dad. 

After Nan died in 1978 her sister moved into her house and remained there until she died in 2000.

I have enjoyed looking through the census returns for Foundry Terrace to see which families lived there before.  Some ancestors of mine lived in No 12 and No 13.  They had huge families, so how on earth they managed in those tiny houses I do not know!

Offline annielacy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 August 09 21:54 BST (UK) »
I must have meet her as we used to visit Foundry Terrace from about 1960 until they moved in about 1973/4. They lived in Long Bridge Street before. My Uncle used to tell me about the large families that lived in those houses. Do they have inside loos now., I can remember going down the alley to a small block of toilets. My uncle used to work in the foundry.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 23 August 09 22:28 BST (UK) »
Nan was Cecilia Jones, a very small lady 4' 12"!! 

Yes, the houses all have their own bathrooms upstairs, and two bedrooms, one of which is extremely small!

My Grandad, Richard Jones and his brother Sydney both worked in the Foundry.  Dad has a black & white photo of all the staff, I bet your Uncle is on it somewhere!

Sorry to Megan for hijacking her thread ;)

Offline annielacy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 24 August 09 08:22 BST (UK) »
yes he probally is, I think he worked there from 1949 until he retired about 1970. he was very ill with cancer about 1960 and had a tube in his throat but did return to work.