Author Topic: Mary Ann Gardener/Ayres  (Read 665 times)

Offline Mitche11

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Ann Gardener/Ayres
« on: Saturday 04 May 19 11:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone, I am trying to trace my mother in law's line but have hit a brick wall. Here is the information I have so far. Her grandfather was Walter Louder born 1904 at 36 Dryden Road, Croydon, Surrey. I ordered his birth certificate and Walter's parents are Andrew Louder and Mary Ann Louder formally Ayres. Andrew - (Walter's father) was born 1860 in Reigate, Surrey his birth name was Andrew Stacey, mother's maiden name on birth record is Lowder. I couldn't find a marriage record for a Andrew Lowder/Stacey and a Mary Ann Ayres but I did find a marriage record for a Andrew Lowder and a Mary Ann Gardener, they married 25 Jul 1885 in Lamorbey, Kent. The name of Andrew's father on the marriage record is William Stacey and Mary Ann's father is William Henry Gardener, this is where I have hit a brick wall. I have found a birth record for a Mary Ann Gardener born 1862 in Aylesford, Kent her mother's maiden name on the birth record is Ayres. Maybe she used her mother's maiden name instead of her birth surname Gardener. I am having trouble finding anything further on Mary Ann Gardener/Ayres. Any help would be much appreciated. Many Thanks.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Gardener/Ayres
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 May 19 11:43 BST (UK) »
Where did you get the age and birthplace of Andrew, (father of the 1904-born Walter Louder)?

is this the Assumed 1891? https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QFBY-RN2
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 May 19 12:18 BST (UK) »
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mitche11

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 May 19 12:51 BST (UK) »
Hi, Andrew was born Stacey not Lowder. I found the family on the 1871 Census surname listed as Stacey then the family changed their surname to Lowder on the 1881 Census. The birth record I found for Andrew Stacey has his mother's maiden name listed as Lowder. I couldn't find a birth record for a Andrew Lowder that matched with the information I had, also the marriage record I have for a Andrew Lowder has his father listed as William Stacey so the information I have seems to make sense. Mary Ann's father is William Henry Gardener, this is where I have hit a brick wall. I have found a birth record for a Mary Ann Gardener born 1862 in Aylesford, Kent her mother's maiden name on the birth record is Ayres. Maybe she used her mother's maiden name instead of her birth surname Gardener. I am having trouble finding anything further on Mary Ann Gardener/Ayres.