Author Topic: Connolly family links in Wicklow in 1800s?  (Read 945 times)

Offline bandc

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Connolly family links in Wicklow in 1800s?
« on: Sunday 05 May 19 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am descended from a Connolly Family (Patrick Connolly) who is recorded living in the townland of Knockraheen in Wicklow from at least around 1830s, there were 2 other Connolly families in the same townland, namely Michael Connolly and John Connolly. I believe these 3 families were connected.
I am currently looking at some other Connolly families recorded in Wicklow around the mid 1800s and trying to establish if there might be connections between these families.
Some other locations include: the Calary area, Newcastle/Kilcoole area, Kilmacanogue/Bray/Enniskerry area.
If anyone out there has connections to other Connolly families in Wicklow from the 1800s and would like to investigate possible connections please get in touch.
Thanks Margaret

Offline AustralisLang

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Connolly family links in Wicklow in 1800s?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 February 20 07:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Margaret, I've done a lot of research into Michael Connolly but have really only found him from Wicklow in one record. If he's the same person he was tried with Patrick Dodd his brother in law. His sister Ann Connolly was bought out with 2 of their children.

Would be interested in your other research

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline bandc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Connolly family links in Wicklow in 1800s?
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 February 20 10:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Margaret, I've done a lot of research into Michael Connolly but have really only found him from Wicklow in one record. If he's the same person he was tried with Patrick Dodd his brother in law. His sister Ann Connolly was bought out with 2 of their children.

Would be interested in your other research

The Michael Connolly who was born in Knockraheen died in Knockraheen in the late 1800s. I did come across a few other Michael  Connollys' in Wicklow in the 1800s.  What year did your Michael Connolly and Patrick Dodd arrive , and what ages and names were the children who went out, this might help me to see if I could match them with any of the other Wicklow Connolly families I have been looking at.