Author Topic: Date of Photograph - Jane Adams (1856 - 1925)  (Read 238 times)

Offline AngelaC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Date of Photograph - Jane Adams (1856 - 1925)
« on: Monday 06 May 19 06:30 BST (UK) »
This is a very very long shot. I have found an old photo in a pile of photos of my paternal grandparents and am wondering if this is my great-grandmother, Jane Adams, born in Salisbury (Wilts) in 1856, married in Lymington (Hants) in 1884 and died in Portsea (Hants) in 1925.
Are there any Adams descendants out there who could confirm this for me, please?
As I said, it's a very very long shot.....
Adams, Bamber, Cleverley, Earwaker, Frake, Holt, Lacy, Laming, Levett, Lipscomb(e), Newlyn, Pett, Smith (Hampshire); Hill (Alverstoke and Middlesex); Holt (Dorset); Lacy (London, Kent)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Adams (1856 - 1925)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 May 19 20:56 BST (UK) »
May I suggest that you ask the moderator to move your topic to the restoration and dating of photos section?

There are Rootschat members who can date photos from the clothes that a person or people is/are wearing.  I'm no good at that sort of thing.

Click on the blue Report to Moderator at the bottom right of the conversation box and make a request for your topic to be moved.  :)
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline AngelaC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Adams (1856 - 1925)
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 May 19 11:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your suggestion. I've contacted the moderator.

BTW, I love your cat photo!

Kind regards
Angela
Adams, Bamber, Cleverley, Earwaker, Frake, Holt, Lacy, Laming, Levett, Lipscomb(e), Newlyn, Pett, Smith (Hampshire); Hill (Alverstoke and Middlesex); Holt (Dorset); Lacy (London, Kent)