Author Topic: Polish Airman emigrates from England to Pakistan  (Read 500 times)

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Polish Airman emigrates from England to Pakistan
« on: Friday 10 May 19 23:29 BST (UK) »
Around 1947/48 a group of about 30 Polish Airmen set out on 2 or 3 year contracts to help set up the Pakistan Air Force.  Some settled there permanently, others extended their contracts and some left the country.  One of these men, Ludwik Swierzb, just disappeared from view and left no trace of his activities.  Can anyone please suggest where I might start looking for him.  Many thanks.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shume

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Polish Airman emigrates from England to Pakistan
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 June 19 08:03 BST (UK) »
I did a quick Google search on this name and found a lot of information and then to Google images
for photos of these Polish airmen.
Its a good place to start.
shume
HUME: Fermanagh, Donegal,Sligo,Australia
PASFIELD: Essex, London
SHAW/STANLEY: Co Waterford,Ireland, Australia

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 June 19 08:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you,

A lot of information on the specific airman I am looking for was actually written or posted by me or the lady I am helping.  I have been in touch with the Pakistan Air Force and several military sites out there but nobody can or will help.  I even had one response to say that the Pakistan Government will always protect their anonymity and will never release information about them

Offline shume

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 June 19 10:37 BST (UK) »
Well reading your posts and the information online, if he died in Pakistan you have a difficult task.
HUME: Fermanagh, Donegal,Sligo,Australia
PASFIELD: Essex, London
SHAW/STANLEY: Co Waterford,Ireland, Australia