Author Topic: England & Wales Christening Index 1530 - 1906 Second Edition  (Read 1680 times)

Offline maggie.mae

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
England & Wales Christening Index 1530 - 1906 Second Edition
« on: Saturday 11 May 19 08:41 BST (UK) »
Good morning all.
I have found the above index (British Isles Vital Records Index) available to purchase from "LDS  BIRMINGHAM" at a cost of £22.95
Phone number is  0121 785 2200
Don't buy from America as the CD's don't work here. I shall be calling them on Monday and update you all further. I will help other people with their research when I get it as I have been helped. This second edition came out in 2002.

Cheers
Maggie

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: England & Wales Christening Index 1530 - 1906 Second Edition
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 May 19 08:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggie

I had this edition many years ago but I'm not sure that the disks work with more modern computers. Also,  I think it's all online now via Family Search website.

I might be wrong, but I suggest you ask them about compatibility and online access when you phone.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline maggie.mae

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 May 19 11:19 BST (UK) »
Sorry folks, this  number no longer exists and the LDS Distribution Centre in Birmingham has closed down. The only way to get this disc is USA, costs $20 and unless it is altered it won't work here.
Ah well, back to square one.
Thansk for your reply,Gadget
Maggie

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 May 19 13:07 BST (UK) »
Maggie

Ancestry have the collection online - source says ViTal Index with permission from LDS.  -   under births/baptisms, marriages and some burials.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 May 19 14:45 BST (UK) »
Maggie

Ancestry have the collection online - source says ViTal Index with permission from LDS.  -   under births/baptisms, marriages and some burials.

Gadget

See this post  ;D
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=812576.0
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 11 May 19 17:05 BST (UK) »
Round in circles then, Rosie  ;D :-X

Add - I had the full set of those disks years ago (bought 2002-3 ish)  but they didn't work after one of the Win updates and then Ancestry put them up.

Offline maggie.mae

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 11 May 19 20:44 BST (UK) »
Ancestry has updated them, Rosie, I found info on the Index 4/5 years ago which isn't there now. I've been through all my research papers and the index is the one I used the most. I know I'm right as there are other people saying they can't find it either. The only place to get it from is USA so I will see my computer man to see if it's possible to change the discs so they can be used here. My cousin in USA did that with a dvd I bought them. It was a bit of a job but he did it. Otherwise I will try to find them here.
Many thanks for all your help, folks
Maggie

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 13 May 19 13:18 BST (UK) »
As Nottsgirl pointed out, the record of Elizabeth's baptism/christening does not exist in the archives. She checked them for you. https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=812576.25

I think you would be best keeping your money in your purse. I also have "missing" items that I have from Family search- I even have the printouts- and as Nottsgirl says, they were member submitted and not fact. It could be that Elizabeth was never baptised.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Dizzifish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 13 May 19 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggie,

I think Larkspur is right in what she says.

I have the BVRI 2nd edition and the info you want and it isn't on my copy.

As has already been mentioned on newer windows they don't work -  but you can get them to run by creating a virtual machine..... there are "how to's" online, I am not technical and don't know how to myself, but someone helped with a download to make a  "Windows Virtual PC" on my computer to run some of my old stuff.

I have checked and it isn't there  :'(