Author Topic: London to Brighton Alzheimers Walk  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Matt R

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
London to Brighton Alzheimers Walk
« on: Saturday 11 May 19 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Chatters,

I hope moderators may permit this post. I and three of my colleagues are walking the London to Brighton challenge (62 miles) on the Bank Holiday weekend at the end of the month. We're walking to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society and each have a personal reason for doing so. For me, it's to remember my great gran who suffered from this disease and like so many lost her battle with it.

I would be grateful if any of you awesome RootsChatters would kindly share my fundraising page or, if you have any spare change, any donations would be warmly welcomed. Alzheimers is such a cruel disease and by doing my small bit to help raise awareness and hard cash, families in the future may not have to suffer so much from its devastating effects on the lives of loved ones.

Thank you for all of the support so far - the nerves are starting to kick in now! We've been practising for months and did our most challenging dummy run last weekend, testing our physical and psychological endurance.

Anything you can do to help, is kindly appreciated  :)

Please follow this link to reach my JustGiving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Matthew-Reay3

Kind regards,
Matt.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk