Author Topic: Shaw Family  (Read 122 times)

Offline shaw65

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Shaw Family
« on: Saturday 11 May 19 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hi all,my name is Darren Shaw and i am researching my Shaw family.My parents moved up from London to Huntingdon (Oliver Cromwells Birthplace) in the 1960s.After much research i have gone back to my 3rd gt grandfather Henry Aimes Shaw born 27th July in Newdigate Surrey and his brother James Shaw born 14th August 1820 in Newdigate (became a Wheelwright).Their father was a Thomas Shaw,a gardener working at Lyne farm Newdigate and their mother was called Elizabeth.I have a Thomas Shaw who died 1821 aged 43 in Newdigate whom i assume is the correct person but i need to find his birth or baptism and his wifes maiden name as i cannot find a marriage for him.Can anyone help please.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Shaw Family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 May 19 17:53 BST (UK) »
Do you mean the Henry Ames Shaw b 1817 , son of Thomas and Elizabeth.? address of Lyne farm
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shaw65

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shaw Family
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 May 19 18:19 BST (UK) »
Yes Pauline,that's the one.