Author Topic: HENDERSON, William of Harleyvale NSW, Australia, miner, 1892 where did he go?  (Read 2748 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: HENDERSON, William of Harleyvale NSW, Australia, miner, 1892 where did he go?
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 12 May 19 13:10 BST (UK) »
Baby Agnes burial in Old Presbyterian.... I am on e reader, so cannot do live links .. . Try google and aim for pdf of Lithgow's cemeteries ... alpha by surname ...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Dumbarton17

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HENDERSON, William of Harleyvale NSW, Australia, miner, 1892 where did he go?
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 12 May 19 21:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your comments Sue.

After 127 years the motivation of the people involved can only be speculation.

Margaret died in 1934 at Isabella's Home before I was born :(

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 13 May 19 00:09 BST (UK) »
https://council.lithgow.com/cemeteries/

http://council.lithgow.com/pdfs/140325_CemeteryList.pdf

that's the pdf that gives details for Agnes' burial, Old Presbyterian, Lithgow

ADD,  it is possible that that may be for a different Agnes, I will strive to visit this grave next time I am crossing the Blue Mountains via Mt Victoria. https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/gnsvgm

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Dumbarton17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 13 May 19 00:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks majm

the following link is for the same list, i think : http://www.family.joint.net.au/index.php?mid=14&cid=808

It appears to show age as 24Y ?

Please give me your opinion :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 13 May 19 00:42 BST (UK) »
Thanks majm

the following link is for the same list, i think : http://www.family.joint.net.au/index.php?mid=14&cid=808

It appears to show age as 24Y ?

Please give me your opinion :)

It is not the same list, but it is pointing to the same Old Presbyterian Section of what I would refer to as the Bowenfels cemetery, but that's just because I have so many NSW ancestors.  Your Agnes's d.c. (or official transcript) will have the clergy info and the cemetery info.  I do not often go across the Blue Mountains via Mt Vic ie Great Western Highway.  I often go via Golden Highway, or perhaps if visiting Sydney first, then I go via Bells Line of Roads... so not often via Mt Vic.

JM

Offline Dumbarton17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 21:07 BST (UK) »
Hello again JM

Any progress on the Henderson twins non consecutive numbers?
I would be interested to know.

Thanks again for your efforts

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 21:38 BST (UK) »
Hello again JM

Any progress on the Henderson twins non consecutive numbers?
I would be interested to know.

Thanks again for your efforts

Yes.

If you check the official certs for the number in the far left column those two ought to be consecutive,   elder of twins first,  being the entry at the local deputy registry.... the official number should follow that practice,  but sometimes can vary,  perhaps at HQ initial processing split between several clerks on the larger quarterly returns. 

JM

Offline Dumbarton17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 19 May 19 00:52 BST (UK) »
 For the record: I apologize for the confusion and offence that was caused by the posting of an old post by another descendant of William Henderson.
I wish to acknowledge the skill and expertise of the contributors to my thread and that this has led to a major breakthrough for us.
best regards,
Db

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 19 May 19 01:01 BST (UK) »
For the record: I apologize for the confusion and offence that was caused by the posting of an old post by another descendant of William Henderson.
I wish to acknowledge the skill and expertise of the contributors to my thread and that this has led to a major breakthrough for us.
best regards,
Db

Good to know you have have a major breakthrough.   I doubt anyone took offence,  no need to apologise for someone else's posts.

JM