Author Topic: HENDERSON, William of Harleyvale NSW, Australia, miner, 1892 where did he go?  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Dumbarton17

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The info is correct for Margaret Henderson

The number you give is for a twin sister who died at birth.

the correct number is 20217

you will also notice the father's name is written as Hinderson

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HENDERSON, William of Harleyvale NSW, Australia, miner, 1892 where did he go?
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 12 May 19 08:54 BST (UK) »

Where and when did William HENDERSON and Margaret marry?

What names do you have for children born to this couple. Where and when were they born.

Can you give the source for this information that you are giving -
"...emigrated from NZ to NSW Australia approx june 1891."

"...He failed to make an appearance at any of his children's later marriages ."

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HENDERSON, William of Harleyvale NSW, Australia, miner, 1892 where did he go?
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 12 May 19 09:01 BST (UK) »

At the risk of getting a bit side-tracked here, I will be interested to hear if JM (or any of her many very experienced relatives ;D) has any thoughts on the 7 births gap in the registration of the two children, twins.

I have not seen this before, being used to seeing consecutive numbers at the event.

Perhaps it is in some way connected to the little one's early death.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dumbarton17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 12 May 19 09:10 BST (UK) »
William and Margaret married in Whitburn West Lothian, Scotland in 1872

John 1873 whitburn
Mary 1875 Collingwood NZ
William jnr 1877 Buller nz
Margaret 1879 buller
Peter 1881 Buller
Isabella 1883 Denniston nz
Andrew 1885 waimagaroa nz
Elizabeth 1888 waimangaroa
James 1890 waimangaroa

source of immigration info: Denniston school records and shipping lists

Marriage certs and newspaper

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 May 19 09:11 BST (UK) »

At the risk of getting a bit side-tracked here, I will be interested to hear if JM (or her many very experienced relatives ;D) has any thoughts on the 7 births gap in the registration of the two children, twins.

I have not seen this before, being used to seeing consecutive numbers at the event.

Perhaps it is in some way connected to the little one's early death.

Sue

Yes,  I have made phone calls to my elderly relatives to ask about this ... (They are retired NSW BDM senior officers) ...  Twins should be in consecutive order ...  but on the other hand, 1892 ... so, perhaps NSW BDM head office staff had not recognised these as twins (HENDERSON/HINDERSON on the index etc) ...  Anyway, on the actual documents, there are local line numbers ... and these should be in sequence, as they represent the entries in the local register, prior to the information being forwarded to Sydney Registrar General for formal registration.    MY RELATIVES have not replied to my message on their answer machine. -  Likely they will contact me tomorrow... :)

I am still concerned as to IF the signature matches up to other documents that William HENDERSON signed ...
20210 is for Agnes and it is as valid a birth registration as Samuel at 20217,  and Agnes' death is registered as 8206/1893.   I wonder who was the informant on that d.c.  (HENDERSON and parents as William and Margaret).

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 May 19 09:20 BST (UK) »
AGH ...

Two chaps named William HENDERSON were named as father to babies whose births were registered in January 1893 at Lithgow...

Ellen H, daughter of William and Jane  (20193) NSW BDM online index drills down to 12 Jan
Agnes, daughter of William and Maggie (20210)  NSW BDM online index drills down to 17 Jan
and Simon, oops, Samuel ... son of William and Maggie (20217) NSW BDM online index drills down to 17 Jan (as HINDERSON on the index)

(All typed up so my elderly rellies don't have to search the online index, but rather just read over my typing .... so they can comment on their phone call back to me)

JM edit to correct given name for the son. 
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Dumbarton17

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 12 May 19 09:22 BST (UK) »
Hello majm

Good points.

You will note that the births took place at Hartley vale and the registrations at Lithgow some distance away and the children were (obviously) not present.??

20217 is Samuel  Henderson

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 12 May 19 09:25 BST (UK) »
https://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history-research/interesting-certificates.aspx

Look for Henry Lawson's birth cert, and notice the small column with 117 in it.  117 is the local entry at the register that was originally filled in by the part time Deputy Registrar located at Forbes NSW.  That un-named column has handy info in it  :) and was significant until the mid 1970s when NSW BDM centralised the processing of registrations.

JM

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 12 May 19 09:31 BST (UK) »

Can you give the source for this information that you are giving -
"...emigrated from NZ to NSW Australia approx june 1891."

"...He failed to make an appearance at any of his children's later marriages ."