Author Topic: Sponsor's Name on faded baptism record from St.Eugenes Cathedral 1880  (Read 66 times)

Offline 1banshee

• RootsChat Extra
  • ~ I am the result of the love of thousands ~
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have found my great Aunts baptism record and while I can make out her name, (Mary Ward) and her parent's names, (William Ward and Anne Connor), I'm having trouble trying to make out the sponsor's name - I think the surname is Ward but unsure of the first name...can anyone help...I have a couple that it could be and they would tie in with other relatives but a fresh pair of eyes might just make the difference.

Thank you

Michelle
Doran / Ward / Carr / Kerr / O'Kane / O'Connor / Goostrey / McLaughlin

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsor's Name on faded baptism record from St.Eugenes Cathedral 1880
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 May 19 11:21 BST (UK) »
Maria Ward?
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 May 19 11:35 BST (UK) »
First thing I thought before reading any replies was Maria so two votes for Maria. 
Hinchliffe Huddersfield Wiltshire

Offline 1banshee

• RootsChat Extra
  • ~ I am the result of the love of thousands ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 May 19 13:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the replies; I too initially thought Maria but for some reason, when going through some of the family names, my eyes were convincing my brain it could be others lol - even Daniel ha ha - I shall start with tracking down the Maria Ward, thank you again :)
Doran / Ward / Carr / Kerr / O'Kane / O'Connor / Goostrey / McLaughlin