Author Topic: Reading faded shipping details  (Read 2832 times)

Offline JudithS

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Reading faded shipping details
« Reply #36 on: Friday 17 May 19 08:42 BST (UK) »
jmac  oops I shouldn't have added the funeral notice.  :-\Thanks that I have the marriage now...I had been looking at an incorrect David and cant trust lots of research on ancestry. The Blythswood, Glasgow marriage is correct... undid my tree and started again....I joined Scotlandpeople so I will also look where you advised. I did find and emailed a James Th. on ancestry who says his father was James and grandparents David Th and A Melvin. Note: James is not on the funeral notice as a son....so wonder if he will reply to me. What did you mean..." listed under second name?' cheers and thanks.
Bonser, Bonsire France, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Australia
Burton, de Bourton, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire
Woodthorpe, de Woodthorpe, Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Essex, Suffolk

Offline jcmac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 17 May 19 14:25 BST (UK) »
JudithS,
The funeral notice lists several children. It would appear that one of them has the name on the funeral notice as their middle name (and may still be alive).
jcmac

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 17 May 19 14:38 BST (UK) »
Hello, I removed the image because it was a copyright image. You are best to type the details as you have read and understood the text.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JudithS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 18 May 19 08:13 BST (UK) »
I do wish to thank you all for sure    :-*   I have now found James Th, son of James TH on ancestry and he has replied to me...and s.i.l and he are in touch. He said it was a bit of a shock to have another sister (half) but willing to talk, which is nice.  :D :D :D
Bonser, Bonsire France, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Australia
Burton, de Bourton, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire
Woodthorpe, de Woodthorpe, Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Essex, Suffolk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 18 May 19 23:57 BST (UK) »
A good result Judith. I thought it was going to be an impossible task to find this man - but he was found, and a lot quicker than I would have thought.  :)

It must be a shock to his son to discover he has a half sister ... it will take some getting his head around I imagine. Something similar happened in my OHs family though it was not through DNA testing. The half siblings met and seemed to get along, but then no further contact. One of the siblings wouldn't accept that their father had had this previous life.

I think it is not unusual in this situation, that there could be reluctance to accept a new half sibling. Understandable I suppose, but just so that your SIL doesn't get her hopes up, depending on what sort of relationship she or her half siblings want, if any. Perhaps your SIL is simply looking for more information about her father, and his life. Some photos would be nice too I imagine.

Good luck with it all. Let us know how it all progresses.  :)