Author Topic: Clones Parish Records, Diocese of Clogher  (Read 2343 times)

Offline Suemagoo

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clones Parish Records, Diocese of Clogher
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 02:54 BST (UK) »
The photocopy of the marriage record for my ancestors came from PRONI-Belfast. It says Thomas Graham of Tullygony Parish of Tedavnet and Elizabeth Martin of Rafeenan Parish Tydavnet we’re married in this Church by licence with consent on this 21st day of October 1842 by me J. Young. This marriage was solemnized between Thomas Graham and Elizabeth Martin. In the presence of Andrew Martin and Thomas Morrow. What got me confused was seeing baptism records, marriage and death records going back to early 1800’s and further back to the 1700’s for Clones? It was my understanding before that the Church of Ireland didn’t have records that far back. I then found a Thomas Graham born 1801 in those records which would be the right year for my Thomas but not sure? Also  Hallmark has advised that marriage records weren’t available until after 1845 but I got a record for 1842. I just don’t want to give up if there are records out there and I can’t find them but I also just seem to keep getting myself more confused.

Thanks everyone again for all the help. Maybe I should take a break for awhile and review my research for the millionth time. Have great week everyone and cheers👍🇨🇦🥴☘️

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 03:53 BST (UK) »
The photocopy of the marriage record for my ancestors came from PRONI-Belfast. It says Thomas Graham of Tullygony Parish of Tedavnet and Elizabeth Martin of Rafeenan Parish Tydavnet we’re married in this Church by licence with consent on this 21st day of October 1842 by me J. Young. This marriage was solemnized between Thomas Graham and Elizabeth Martin. In the presence of Andrew Martin and Thomas Morrow. What got me confused was seeing baptism records, marriage and death records going back to early 1800’s and further back to the 1700’s for Clones? It was my understanding before that the Church of Ireland didn’t have records that far back. I then found a Thomas Graham born 1801 in those records which would be the right year for my Thomas but not sure? Also  Hallmark has advised that marriage records weren’t available until after 1845 but I got a record for 1842. I just don’t want to give up if there are records out there and I can’t find them but I also just seem to keep getting myself more confused.

Thanks everyone again for all the help. Maybe I should take a break for awhile and review my research for the millionth time. Have great week everyone and cheers👍🇨🇦🥴☘️

No...  ]Hallmark has advised that Civil Registrations of marriages weren’t available until after 1845 for non R.C's

https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/civil-records/help/what-civil-records-are-on-line
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 03:59 BST (UK) »
Clones CHURCH RECORDS go back to late 1600's and are a work of Art

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 04:06 BST (UK) »
1801    Apr     10       GRAHAM Thomas son of John & Martha, Magherarney is record found!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 04:18 BST (UK) »
Pity there are no more details for the Marriage of Sarah Graham Tullygony

Offline Suemagoo

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 11:17 BST (UK) »
Hallmark I agree those records from Clones are amazing and just lovely to read over.!! As always thank you for your time and effort and to everyone else as well.

Cheers👍🇨🇦

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 12:14 BST (UK) »
As you can see the Diocese goes right across to West Coast!