Author Topic: Holmes/McCulloch/Holmes McCulloch (Irish spelling unknown)  (Read 3097 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Holmes/McCulloch/Holmes McCulloch (Irish spelling unknown)
« Reply #27 on: Friday 17 May 19 10:59 BST (UK) »
I have a death certificate for John McCulloch plus I have spoken to his granddaughter. Haven't been able to source a birth certificate for this individual.

I just posted birth details in reply #24
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline callumneil_mcculloch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 17 May 19 11:16 BST (UK) »
That's very promising with regards to the attached records. I will send that to his granddaughter and see if it's correct.

There is a record for a David McCullough born to Agnes Holmes and William in 1851 in Clare, Northern Ireland so it's not too far away from Ballycanallen Townland. I wonder if that was a Younger brother of David Holmes McCulloch that died when young.

I would love to find out if there is a DNA match to individuals in the area with similar names to myself. might confirm some of the records.
Holmes,
McCulloch,
Holmes McCulloch,
Fox

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 17 May 19 11:28 BST (UK) »
That's very promising with regards to the attached records. I will send that to his granddaughter and see if it's correct.

There is a record for a David McCullough born to Agnes Holmes and William in 1851 in Clare, Northern Ireland so it's not too far away from Ballycanallen Townland. I wonder if that was a Younger brother of David Holmes McCulloch that died when young.

I would love to find out if there is a DNA match to individuals in the area with similar names to myself. might confirm some of the records.

You keep adding more details AFTER information has been found. It's much easier for us to help if you tell us ALL details you have BEFORE we start searching.

Considering the lack of an Irish location you apparently started with  I'm not sure how you think John's grand-daughter will know that it the correct birth record for John but I can't see any doubt.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 17 May 19 11:55 BST (UK) »
I had to go back to my records. The name of the people in the attached certificate is spot on. Unfortunately, I checked my e-mails from my aunt and she mentioned the date of birth of John is 25 06 1871 in Ireland. I think I will have to leave it there and see if I receive a reply from his granddaughter. I am now beginning to doubt some of the records I have belong to the same individual. I will have a look at some earlier census records and see if something turns up. It's a bit frustrating when some of the records have different dates for the same individual.

Thanks for the on-going support, I do  appreciate it. I will let you know when I receive a reply to my e-mail. Hopefully, then I can get round to finding the right records.
Holmes,
McCulloch,
Holmes McCulloch,
Fox

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 17 May 19 13:38 BST (UK) »
Rosanna or Rose Ann Fox (Fox maiden name) was married to a Robert Anderson
She married William McCulloch after Robert McCulloch.

Can you help others trying to help you by giving sources to your info. please?

How do you know Rosanna married the 2 brothers?...Sorry, my assumption there as they may not have been brothers i.e. a source would be good?

Annie

Edit Above re brothers
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 17 May 19 13:55 BST (UK) »
Many apologies...I'm using my mobile...predictive text...it should read Robert Anderson...no brothers... having a tough day sorting things out at work on my day off.

Sorry for the typo.

Callum.
Holmes,
McCulloch,
Holmes McCulloch,
Fox

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 17 May 19 14:28 BST (UK) »
As mentioned earlier, the marriage of William & Rosanna will give you both sets of parents, info. given by themselves rather than from anyone else on a death cert.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 17 May 19 15:48 BST (UK) »
Holmes,
McCulloch,
Holmes McCulloch,
Fox

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 17 May 19 15:51 BST (UK) »
Struggling to send you Ladies the certificates I have. I am not very computer savvy to be honest. I have tried resizing files etc and tried to post pictures and screenshots as attachments. File size is too large. Any ideas??
Holmes,
McCulloch,
Holmes McCulloch,
Fox