Author Topic: Very Similar Birth Certificates  (Read 350 times)

Offline Auldfarrt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Very Similar Birth Certificates
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 15:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks again to everyone that has replied. The direction and advice has been great. It's first time I come up against twins, I'll be ready next time. ;)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Andrew Tarr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wanted: Charles Percy Liversidge
    • View Profile
Re: Very Similar Birth Certificates
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 17:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks chaps, I hadn't thought of twins. There is a time on both certificates, but it's difficult to make out. One of them looks like "10h, a, m" whilst the other looks like "10h, 15m by m". I think maybe twins is the answer, and that the one that has "15m" noted on it is possibly 15 minutes after the first - if that's possible.

More than possible in my opinion.  The reason is to allow for inheritance disputes if primogeniture is invoked - not likely in the lives of ordinary people.  Some registrars entered times for many, even most, births, so it doesn't always indicate a twin.
Tarr, Tydeman, Liversidge, Bartlett, Young

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.