Author Topic: Outboard ships from Australia.  (Read 2527 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Outboard ships from Australia.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 01:41 BST (UK) »
So perhaps best if Blake1 searches in England for possible records there  :D 

It's only about 6 weeks voyage now I think!   ;D
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 01:43 BST (UK) »
but Blake1 is already in Essex  :D  ;D

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 01:47 BST (UK) »
but Blake1 is already in Essex  :D  ;D

JM

;D  6 minute voyage so
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline blake1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
Milliepede. Sorry for the confusion, as you can see the families together is tantalising. I'll go into depths with the name Josh you supplied.

Bevj. Again sorry for the confusion.

Osprey. Correct I have all these record details.

Hallmark. I have extracted all I can from those records & I will revisit the resources Board.

Majm. Thank you for your comments. I have searched UK records for the family coming back - I would imagine as James was a mariner he perhaps worked his passage to help fund them getting back ( so that's one trail I can follow ) and I will search the resources board.

I am now living in Portugal  :D The only window I have in perhaps making a connection with these two families is from the date they got back and the 1861 Census!! And that's all I've got before totally giving up. I cannot find James birth so cannot find his parents. Other folks who have followed James in their trees have totally gone down the wrong avenue as I did, as on paper there is a logical but false trail!! a trap.
On the other hand Joseph George seems to be a non-conformist so records are scarce. ??? & I can't find his first wife!

I have visited most places in the UK personally to see if I could extract any more information but sadly nothing.
I've found long lost graves that we have tidied up and cleared away weeds. ( Just to underline I am not just sitting at home on the computer... :D ;D

Thanks to you all, I didn't intend to get folks looking back over my old research request... but just that window of opportunity as mentioned.

Again many thanks to you all.  Ken

blake, kent   bradley,devon & surrey