Author Topic: Will of Edward Cokett 1482 in Latin  (Read 66 times)

Offline Edward Scott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Will of Edward Cokett 1482 in Latin
« on: Tuesday 14 May 19 18:50 BST (UK) »
Firstly, thanks to all those who are helping me in sorting out the contents of these wills, I really am very grateful and appreciate your efforts.

This will is, in theory, the brother of William the rector and again I am just trying to sort out family groups and relationships so I don''t need a full transcription just the important elements, ie:-

Date of will
Date of probate
Names
Occupations
Relationships

many thanks again

Edward
Scott - Lincolnshire
Jobson - Lincolnshire, Suffolk
Needham - Lincolnshire
Wayet - Lincolnshire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Will of Edward Cokett 1482 in Latin
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 10:36 BST (UK) »
This one may be more useful ...

20 August 1481
Edward Cokett of Great Livermere, sane in mind and good memory; soul to God and the Blessed Mary; to be buried at St Peter, Livermere
To the high altar, 12 pence
To the Prior of Ixworth, 40 pence
To the brothers at Babwell, 40 pence
To Hugh, my son, 4 shillings 4 pence, if he is willing to be governed by Agnes, my wife, his mother; if not, then my wife should spend it for the health of my soul
To Margaret, my daughter, 40 shillings
To Edward, my son, 40 shillings
To John, my son, 40 shillings
To Agnes, my wife, my messuage in Livermere for life; to be sold after her death for the best price possible (unless one of the children wants to buy it), and the proceeds distributed for the good of my soul
Residue to the executors Agnes, my wife, and son John, to distribute for the good of my soul
Proved at Fornham St Martin, 20 April 1482

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Edward Scott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Will of Edward Cokett 1482 in Latin
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 12:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks, there are a few more wills to work through and I'll need assistance even with the ones in English as the writing is so hard to read (for me anyway).

Edward
Scott - Lincolnshire
Jobson - Lincolnshire, Suffolk
Needham - Lincolnshire
Wayet - Lincolnshire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk