Author Topic: Jocky Smith Dundee Family  (Read 889 times)

Offline Mcphail83

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jocky Smith Dundee Family
« on: Tuesday 14 May 19 21:52 BST (UK) »
Im trying to find more information on my gran she used the name Jane/Jean Smith. She had 12 siblings and one of them being Jocky Smith who owned the very popular pet shop in Dundee.
I know that they lived in Caird Avenue as kids.

She married my Grandad James Low, she then was in a relationship with John Stark who was murdered in 1961 and believe she remarried or used her new partners Surname  MacDonald. 

I’m very new to this so not sure where to start really. Any info on the family Would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jocky Smith Dundee Family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 22:17 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome the best place to start would be your grandparents marriage cert as this will give you there ages and parents names if you don't know where it is it can be ordered from Scotland's People website which is the official website for Scottish records I have found one marriage between a James Low and Jane Smith in the St Clements area of Dundee in 1945 also do you know what year your grandparents died and how old they were to get a rough year of birth

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Jocky Smith Dundee Family
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 22:18 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

The Low/Smith marriage was in 1945 per www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

If you are looking for info on her life after that marriage we would be unable to help as any children born to that marriage or subsequent relationships could still be alive and Rootschat has a no living persons policy

If you are looking for her ancestry you would need to start with her parents names which can be found by buying a copy of the 1945 marriage cert. 

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)