Author Topic: ann/ annie M O'Connor 1875-1878 Castle Ross Co...  (Read 5579 times)

Offline Soanes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ann/ annie M O'Connor 1875-1878 Castle Ross Co...
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 20:34 BST (UK) »
If that were the right couple there are births for two children

Benjamin - 1899
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1899/02047/1783662.pdf

Mary - 1900
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1900/02003/1770066.pdf

1901 1414/78/14
Wolverton, Buckinghamshire

Jane Tunnicliffe   54 yrs b Norfolk
Annie Stacey sister 23 yrs b Ireland
Benjamin Stacey 2 yrs b Ireland
Mary Stacey 1 yr b Ireland

I think it should read sister in law as Jane was a Stacey before marriage.

It sure though if any of this Stacey information belongs to Annie. :-\

Where were Benjamin and Mary in 1911?

Unfortunately it is definitely Annie M O'Connor was Prince... Married John Carter known as Jack Carter as seen on electoral list. my grandparents Carter/Allen was on the electoral list and I found my great grandparents (Ann and John) on the same list through them... My mother have always said that my grandparent was living in 114 where my mother was born and my great grandparent Carter/O'Connor was living in 118 and my other great grandmother Allen was living in 120 which has confirmed all on the electoral list.

I can only find Annie's death was 1964... From that list, it says she was born 1878... Based on what my mother said how old she was when Annie died and Annie's name disappeared from 118 St Ann's Road on Electoral list from 1965 same as John Carter.... They all said that John died at the similar time as Annie.  They all said she was definitely born in south Ireland

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 20:37 BST (UK) »
Somehow, I thought Annie Connor married Stacey and then Annie Stacey married Prince and then Annie Prince married Carter.
Perhaps I misunderstood.

The marriage certificate of Annie Prince and John Carter will hopefully solve it.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Soanes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 20:42 BST (UK) »
Somehow, I thought Annie Connor married Stacey and then Annie Stacey married Prince and then Annie Prince married Carter.
Perhaps I misunderstood.

The marriage certificate of Annie Prince and John Carter will hopefully solve it.

Mm... Now you got me thinking... My mother is very rusty with her story... I only know Annie married twice... I've ordered the marriage certificate - this will take over week for it to arrive...

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 21:01 BST (UK) »
See reply #43 where marriage of a William Prince to an Annie Stacey in 1907 was mentioned.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 23:44 BST (UK) »
Online tree (needs details verified of course) gives William Charles Prince married first Eliza Sarah Elliott & had- James William (1889), Charles Thomas (1891), Sarah Elizabeth (1892), Thomas George (1894), Albert (1895), Daisy (1897), Dorothy (1898), Cyril Pretoria (1900), Violet (1902), Clara Priscilla (1904), Harold (1905).
However, the tree also says William died 1931!
Says married 1907 Brentford ANNIE HURLEY CONNOR & lists 3 children (Joseph, Kathleen, Charles Albert)- no mention of Rose Margaret or Annie Marion who died young. Annie born 1881 Hammersmith (taken from 1911 census), no date of death or other marriage for her.

Note: another tree says William died 1950 Blackpool & Annie was the mother of all the children (about 9 years old when James William was born)  ::)

There is a birth in 1881 Brentford for Annie Hurley Connor.
I wonder if this Connor/Prince is not the same family  :-\ although there are lots of siblings.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 16 May 19 06:54 BST (UK) »
I think the tree owner is connected to William Prince and his first wife so knew little or nothing about Annie. They saw the 1911 census which says married 2 years and that Annie was age 30 born Hammersmith (like husband William). So, they looked for an Annie Connor born c1881 Hammersmith and came up with the closest match (Ancestry 'helpful' hints may have contributed towards this) Annie Hurley Connor born 1884 Brentford. That Annie's birth was registered without mother's maiden name so she was likely illegitimate.
That tree also omitted several children who died young and says William died 1930 (another says William died 1950 Blackpool) and there were other errors.
I'm not sure if the Stacey bit fits yet so will be interesting to see what details are on that marriage certificate  :)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Soanes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 28 May 19 11:14 BST (UK) »
Perhaps I misunderstood.

Thought I would update you guys, the certificate has arrived! It is them!

Annie Mary Prince was O'Connor - her father was Mathias O'Connor

John Carter was also a widower and his father was John Carter - this one is going to be difficult to track!

Both Annie and John was 39 when they got married in 1919 - so both birth date would be around 1879-80

Offline Soanes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 28 May 19 11:44 BST (UK) »
This is might be her on this one - http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Kerry/Teeranearagh/Emlaghpeastia/1405873/

As her marriage certificate showed that A. Sullivan was a witness.... Don't know if A. Sullivan is related to the Patrick Sullivan in the link... Annie's father Mathias is already deceased on the marriage certificate

Edited: It is them! Just seen Mathias' rank on Annie's certificate, he was farmer and on the census Annie was labelled as Farmer's daughter. So she definitely was born in Kerry, Ireland!

Offline Soanes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 29 May 19 09:36 BST (UK) »
If anyone have a spare time... Is there another way I can search for Annie's birth/christening record? I can't seems to find her connected to Mathias O'Connor apart from marriage certificate where he is listed as her father.