Author Topic: Eliabeth Patricia Colman  (Read 1530 times)

Offline catherine k

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eliabeth Patricia Colman
« on: Thursday 16 May 19 23:24 BST (UK) »
Hi ive been searching for information about my mams cousin Elizabeth Patricia Colman born 1928 Newcastle upon Tyne I'm sure she married Norman MacDonald 1954 in Newcastle i had met her once still living in the area carnt find any trace of her in the name Colman or Macdonald i think she had separated from her husband but i would be very grateful if anyone had any information of what happened to her also her parents were Bessie Fraser 1904 Norman Colman Also Elizabeth had a brother William JN Colman 1927
Thankyou Catherine

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eliabeth Patricia Colman
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 May 19 05:10 BST (UK) »
A possibility?
Elizabeth P Macdonald
Age at death 40
Birth Date about 1928
Registration Date - March 1/4 1968
Registration district:    Newcastle upon Tyne Northumberland
Vol 1b Page 172

Offline catherine k

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 May 19 09:19 BST (UK) »

That may be her as i had heard she had died young in Newcastle upon Tyne
Thankyou

Offline catherine k

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 May 19 18:28 BST (UK) »
Hi
I recently had a reply about Elizabeth MacDonald Nee Colman who died 1968 Newcastle upon Tyne.i have been searching for her obititory in the evening chronicle or anything relating to her death i would be very grateful for any help
Thankyou Catherine

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 20 May 19 14:13 BST (UK) »
I had a quick look around the time period for a death notice but did not see one.  It might be possible that I have missed it I suppose or that I have looked at the wrong dates. 

Could you provide some more information - such as where she might have been living at time of death?  Newcastle is a big area.  If you are able to provide more specific info of Newcastle location of death I might be able to look up burial/cremation at some point in the future.  If this is found I will know better which editions of the newspapers to search.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline catherine k

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 20 May 19 16:27 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thankyou so much Elizabeth P MacDonald Nee Colman 1928 married Norman Colman 1954 Newcastle upon Tyne i heard that she lived in the fenham area when she was young and when she died she could have been living in Cowgate area which is not far from Fenham I'm not if there was a tragedy around her death as she did die very young i have been searching for her obititory and also the nearest burial ground is the west road i know she had a brother William JN Colman not sure if she had any children
I realy appreciate your help
Catherine

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 20 May 19 16:59 BST (UK) »
Hi catherine,

I nipped back to library but unfortunately have not found her at Fenham or Elswick.  There is a microfilm box for West Road but there are no dates shown on box - there is a graves register (perhaps for purchased) but this just shows who is in sections.  Could take very long time to look through and she might not be there and library is now about to close.  It would take ages to look through a whole quarter of newspapers - 3 months.  I have tried but I think it might be best for you now to contact bereavement services.  Sorry.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 20 May 19 17:01 BST (UK) »
A possibility?
Elizabeth P Macdonald
Age at death 40
Birth Date about 1928
Registration Date - March 1/4 1968
Registration district:    Newcastle upon Tyne Northumberland
Vol 1b Page 172

This person appears to be Elizabeth Patricia Mcdonald aged 40 who is buried at West Road Cemetery, the records of which are available online via Family Search.
Her address was 98 Simonside Terrace. She was buried on 11th March 1968.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSJ7-C9BG-2?i=38&cat=828306
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 20 May 19 17:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jen for supplying a date.  With this I should be able to check if she has any newspaper notices/memoriams/write ups.

Will do at some point in next few weeks when I can next get to library.