Author Topic: Naturalization records for 1890s Georgia?  (Read 117 times)

Offline katjaeb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Naturalization records for 1890s Georgia?
« on: Friday 17 May 19 01:00 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for naturalization records for Augusta (Richmond County), Georgia in the decade between 1890 and 1900 and am coming up empty on where to find them.

The Ancestry database of GA naturalizations does not contain anything earlier than about 1918. I also contacted NARA-Atlanta and they confirmed they have nothing earlier than the turn of the century. Still waiting on responses from the Georgia State Archives and the Augusta-Richmond County Library but I don't have very high hopes.

I'm not sure which court I need, though I would guess the Superior Court is a good bet. My only clue that this ancestor was naturalized comes from federal censuses.

Help? Thanks in advance!
Bodenhorn, Trout, Winter, Traser, Kramer, Lewis, Krauter, Cooper, Hale, Upchurch, Kleinschmidt, Main, Davis, Young, Fleischmann.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.