Author Topic: Kitchener, Waterloo County, Ontario - death in 1983 - finding a date?  (Read 534 times)

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kitchener, Waterloo County, Ontario - death in 1983 - finding a date?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 01 June 19 19:06 BST (UK) »
I will always update for any query.
I am often left wondering when a thread comes to an abrupt end after people throw in various pieces of possible info and we don't know the outcome.
Plus, of course I am over the moon and want to shout it from the rooftops!
though its probably quite wrong of me to be this happy about knowing someone died :-)

Boo

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 01 June 19 19:22 BST (UK) »

That is frustrating, especially when you spend hours on something to try and get a result.
The number of people who log on, post the query and log off.  One in particular I have never seen help any one despite all the help they have had over a long period of time.  Family tree now standing at over 23,000 and still asking for help !!! that's some tree  ;)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 01 June 19 20:22 BST (UK) »
Folk come in all shapes  sizes and attitudes, some view the web as a sort of isolated place where its  not like talking to real people, its just print on a page. It happens.

I like my 'pay forward' stance, it suits me and makes me feel better about asking for help when I need it  - I am happy with that but am aware that my ways aren't universal.

Boo