Author Topic: Is it Still "Early 2019"?  (Read 10412 times)

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Is it Still "Early 2019"?
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 22:45 BST (UK) »
Now updated and online!!

Looks like they don't like me. Long wanted an image of my great-grandparents marriage registration. After all these years waiting, no image! Why do I get this message rather than an image?

Date of Event   26 December 1877
Group Registration ID   2616273
SR District/Reg Area   Wexford

Report any error in transcription.

Photocopies or official certificates can be obtained via the following link.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Purpeller

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 22:54 BST (UK) »
If you wanted it that much, why didn't you just pay €4 to get it?  ???
Dublin, Limerick, Carlow, Waterford, Wicklow, Pembrokeshire

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 22:55 BST (UK) »
If you wanted it that much, why didn't you just pay €4 to get it?  ???

Because it is supposed to be free!  I have a personal hand transcription these many years.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 23:18 BST (UK) »
Now updated and online!!

Looks like they don't like me. Long wanted an image of my great-grandparents marriage registration. After all these years waiting, no image! Why do I get this message rather than an image?

Date of Event   26 December 1877
Group Registration ID   2616273
SR District/Reg Area   Wexford

Report any error in transcription.

Photocopies or official certificates can be obtained via the following link.

If they had waited 1 more week before they died you'd have Cert....   ;D

Register images of the Civil Records of Irish Births, Deaths and Marriages

The years covered by the release of the historic records of Births, Marriages and Deaths are:

Births: 1864 to 1916

Marriages: 1870** to 1941

Deaths: 1878** to 1966

**The General Register Office are currently working on updating further records of Marriages dating back to 1845 and Deaths dating back to 1864.

These will be included in future updates to the records available on the website.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 23:20 BST (UK) »
oops... the Marriage you wanted!!   ;D

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 23:22 BST (UK) »

Precisely!

But my question remains - why is there no link to an image for some B/D/M, which are within the range that should be available online? - I have encountered this before.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 23:29 BST (UK) »
Find one near it and look through the pages for the one you want.
Find out the vol and page number on FamilySearch that can be handy for finding the page as you browse
http://www.irelandgen.com/tools/gro_img_nav.php

If you have it in a parish register you can look for others married at the same time and see if the marriage is on the same page or a page nearby.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 23:41 BST (UK) »

Precisely!

But my question remains - why is there no link to an image for some B/D/M, which are within the range that should be available online? - I have encountered this before.

Looks like they don't like you....   ;D

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 23:47 BST (UK) »
Find one near it and look through the pages for the one you want.
Find out the vol and page number on FamilySearch that can be handy for finding the page as you browse
http://www.irelandgen.com/tools/gro_img_nav.php

If you have it in a parish register you can look for others married at the same time and see if the marriage is on the same page or a page nearby.

Looks to be sage advice...
But things are still not looking good!
Preceding marriage in parish register was 4 months earlier (business was very poor!!), so not very useful.
Succeeding marriage, in first week of January 1878, would be in different civil registration volume - but is not in the ciivil registration index at all anyway!