Author Topic: Is it Still "Early 2019"?  (Read 991 times)

Online Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is it Still "Early 2019"?
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 05 June 19 08:59 BST (UK) »
Sometimes it works sometime not, all you can do is keep scrolling through the register book and hope to get lucky, it can be a problem when you come to the end of the reel as it's hard to know where to go next, most reels cover more than one sub district so it's hit and miss. Also that browsing link doesn't pick up the extra images you get on some results, you know when there is anything up to 4 links on one result.
You can't fish on a empty stomach so give the man one or two records so he knows how good it tastes.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Purpeller

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Is it Still "Early 2019"?
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 05 June 19 09:02 BST (UK) »
For births, I suspect the reason an image is not there is that they were late registrations so they appear in a page of a later year.

One of my great-grandparent couples were rubbish at registering their kids. Eldest and a couple of others seem to have none at all, the next 2 have index references (both in the 1910s but no image). I know of a later son born in 1925 but not registered until 1952. My own grandfather not registered until he got his pension!
Dublin, Limerick, Carlow, Waterford, Wicklow, Pembrokeshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.