Author Topic: Is it Still "Early 2019"?  (Read 10016 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is it Still "Early 2019"?
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 05 June 19 08:59 BST (UK) »
Sometimes it works sometime not, all you can do is keep scrolling through the register book and hope to get lucky, it can be a problem when you come to the end of the reel as it's hard to know where to go next, most reels cover more than one sub district so it's hit and miss. Also that browsing link doesn't pick up the extra images you get on some results, you know when there is anything up to 4 links on one result.

Offline Purpeller

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 05 June 19 09:02 BST (UK) »
For births, I suspect the reason an image is not there is that they were late registrations so they appear in a page of a later year.

One of my great-grandparent couples were rubbish at registering their kids. Eldest and a couple of others seem to have none at all, the next 2 have index references (both in the 1910s but no image). I know of a later son born in 1925 but not registered until 1952. My own grandfather not registered until he got his pension!
Dublin, Limerick, Carlow, Waterford, Wicklow, Pembrokeshire

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 08 January 20 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Some new updates to Civil records January 2020

https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 08 January 20 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Wow that was quick, wasn't expecting a update for months, hope we get the rests of the deaths this year as well.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 08 January 20 23:20 GMT (UK) »
I've sent  an email to them today to say the District has gone awol again for Death entries that haven't yet been digitised.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 09 January 20 11:50 GMT (UK) »
I've sent  an email to them today to say the District has gone awol again for Death entries that haven't yet been digitised.

They seem to have fixed it again. Deaths not yet digitised are at least now, once again, showing District/Reg Area this morning.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 01 February 21 12:14 GMT (UK) »
An additional year of historic Births, Marriages and Deaths (Index entry and register image) are now available to view on the website www.irishgenealogy.ie website. The records now available online include:  Birth register records – 1864 to 1920; Marriage register records – 1845 to 1945 & Death register records – 1871* to 1970

Publication date of 8th January 2020 hasn't changed but appears Births 1920, Marriages 1945 and Deaths 1970 have been added.

https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/news/154-update-to-the-civil-records-3

Just downloaded my aunt's birth record in 1920.

Edited to add:
Claire Santry confirms it
https://www.irishgenealogynews.com/2021/02/irishgenealogyie-adds-rolling-year-of.html

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Purpeller

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 01 February 21 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I've been playing around with it and ticked off a few copy records for my files.
Dublin, Limerick, Carlow, Waterford, Wicklow, Pembrokeshire

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 01 February 21 12:25 GMT (UK) »
Death registration of one of my GGMs might be on. So far I haven't found either of them. One died before 1901 and the other between 1901 and 1911.

Cowban