Author Topic: Is it Still "Early 2019"?  (Read 10416 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is it Still "Early 2019"?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 May 19 21:29 BST (UK) »
It was reported in April that they are technical testing for the upload.
https://www.irishgenealogynews.com/2019/04/irish-gro-releases-latest-update-on.html

Your getting handed free records at your fingers tips, it's gold dust, give them/him a break.

Offline dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 May 19 23:06 BST (UK) »
I would imagine the thousands of applications from people trying to escape the silliness of Brexit are slowing things up too. The staff have other things to be doing.
It will be updated eventually, though personally, it's the digitisation of the CofI records I am more excited about.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 May 19 23:12 BST (UK) »
Your getting handed free records at your fingers tips, it's gold dust, give them/him a break.

May be free for me, but not for you! "Your tax Euros at work"

As for giving them a break, is it too much to ask that they don't make highly publicized promises which - apparently - they have no intention of meeting?  Much better to say nothing.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 23 May 19 23:38 BST (UK) »
Ireland gives too much stuff away FREE...
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 23 May 19 23:55 BST (UK) »
I'm sure the did intend it to be early 2019, they missed the target. It's Ireland, we expect targets to be missed :D , just be glad your not waiting on the M7 roads works to finish.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 24 May 19 00:39 BST (UK) »
Ireland gives too much stuff away FREE...

The Irish are such kind generous people. Supporting all those expensive German bankers!
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 24 May 19 01:14 BST (UK) »
Build a bridge

Offline Purpeller

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 24 May 19 09:07 BST (UK) »
We'd all love these records to be released but since they're free, I'll be content with an occasional good-natured moan. That site has saved me 1000s of euro since its launch, and that's just on my personal genealogy.

Dublin, Limerick, Carlow, Waterford, Wicklow, Pembrokeshire

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 09:08 BST (UK) »
Now updated and online!! 
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.