Author Topic: Isaac Muncaster  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Pilgrims Progress

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Isaac Muncaster
« on: Monday 20 May 19 08:31 BST (UK) »
Hello,  ;D

Wondering if anyone can help me find the baptism of Isaac Muncaster c1814-1853.

In the 1851 Census he was  aged 36, living with his family in Barrack St, Douglas, IOM and stated his birthplace as Laxey, IOM.

Would be extremely grateful if anyone is able to help in any way,

Sincerely,

Pilgrims Progress From Down Under  :) ;) :D

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Muncaster
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 May 19 22:35 BST (UK) »
you also placed the same request at http://www.isle-of-man.com/genealogy/messageboard/index.pl where I + David Dwyer have replied
any thing with a Manx Connection

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 May 19 04:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Frances_mnb.  :D ;D Have not been on the internet over the last few days. Hence my lack of reply. I do most sincerely apologise for your kind replies on the IOM genealogy message board. Can't thank you enough.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 May 19 14:42 BST (UK) »
you might like to revisit that board as I have given you Cath Tear's family + no problem with age! - I have no idea how you determined she was in her 50s

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 May 19 06:44 BST (UK) »
another note - the other board no longer seems emails when replies come in + Jean has I think demonstrated a strong link for your Elizabeth Wade

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 May 19 10:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Frances,

Do so appreciate you trying so hard on my behalf to untangle Elizabeth Wade. It seems Elizabeth Wade was the "minor" referred to on the marriage record I have been able to attach. In that case she couldn't be the Elizabeth Wade baptised in 1812 to which Jean refers to. Elizabeth would have been at least 21 yrs old. I am assuming IOM for the period considered anyone under the age of 18 to be a minor??  I know I appear to be pedantic but I am unable to rest easier with this earlier baptism.
Sincerely,
Christine

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 May 19 12:00 BST (UK) »
21 was age at which parental consent was not required - you are reading too much into the entry in that a single comma would have completely altered it and the parish clerk was probably a Manx speaker so any English would show more of a Manx sentence structure - the 1841 census has I believe the correct age for Elizabeth (all later ones are inconsistent but show she had found the magic potion to reduce ageing) - but the key is that she admits to being 1 year older than Isaac.  Jean has I think looked at the witness + his relationship to the Wades.  It is possible that Isaac belonged to another branch - there was an Isaac buried in Ramsey (Ballure - the yard for strangers) but the putative parents did move to Lonan and then back to Kk German in that time frame - unfortunately they did not appear to buy any property.

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 30 May 19 08:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you again Frances.  :) Elizabeth Wade may have indeed had an anti aging potion!! Sincerely, Christine  ;D  :D