Author Topic: STORRINGS (nee KIDD), Barbara Flora McDonald - died 1996  (Read 3221 times)

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: STORRINGS (nee KIDD), Barbara Flora McDonald - died 1996
« Reply #27 on: Friday 24 May 19 05:23 BST (UK) »
I meant to add - Harriet McDonald's 1874 death record says she was illegitimate and that her mother was also Harriet McDonald.

Okay, we can kick that Elizabeth theory of mine to the curb then!

The consistencies for George from Skene and George in Montana & British Columbia are father's  full name, mother's maiden surname and his age on his marriage record.

You can add the USA 1900 census to that list: dob is Dec 1856. (immigration year 1882)

The only real snag is that index of his baptism.  We don't even know if it is the index from the original parish record.  Mistakes were frequent when they copied them to send up the ladder.  Somewhere in rootschat I have an old post about exactly this problem, and someone managed to find an image of the originating church record, which showed the real date of birth, as opposed to the image I had from higher up the hierarchy of the church.

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 24 May 19 07:29 BST (UK) »
Have you looked at the original of George birth as it is after 1855 it will show you where he was born what you see on the index is only the parish it was registered

Offline Seaton Smithy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Previously known as "neb_maat_re".
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 24 May 19 23:41 BST (UK) »
I have the a copy of the original birth registration where Andrew is the informant which shows George was born at 4pm on 18 November 1856 in the Parish of Skene.  The house name is hard to read but I think it is Auchinclech which was a farm steading in Skene.