Author Topic: Jarvie Andrew and Jarvie George...PUZZLE are they related.  (Read 1840 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Jarvie Andrew and Jarvie George...PUZZLE are they related.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 25 May 19 11:11 BST (UK) »
More research needs to be done.
Tracing the boys Fathers Parentage may be the answer. They may be Brothers and therefore the 2 Men who died in the Mine Disaster are Cousins.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jarvie Andrew and Jarvie George...PUZZLE are they related.
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 May 19 21:25 BST (UK) »
... However the Robert I have is Robert Adam JARVIE not Robert Hall JARVIE on the Baptisim and in 1861 census.

Apologies Glenda, the birth record I suggested you look up on Scotlands People was for Robert ADAM Jarvie ( I typed HALL in as middle name in error). That birth certificate should have the birthplaces of the parents recorded and might help establish if John Hall Jarvie was the one baptised in Sheffield.
The father of Andrew Jarvie has died before the 1851 Census. So it is going to be difficult to establish who his parents were.

Looby :)