Author Topic: HUNT, George - soldier born 1841  (Read 1338 times)

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HUNT, George - soldier born 1841
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 02 July 19 08:12 BST (UK) »
Now there is something weird, if the Louisa Mary who married John PENSOTTI was my great grandmother then surely her maiden name was POWELL and not INNELL - she took her mother's name because she was the illegitimate issue of the soldier George HUNT+Louisa POWELL relationship?

Nothing weird there: she was Louisa Mary Powell when she married John Innell in 1883, and Louisa Mary Innell, a widow, when she married John Pensotti in 1915.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline kr236rk

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HUNT, George - soldier born 1841
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 02 July 19 13:52 BST (UK) »

Nothing weird there: she was Louisa Mary Powell when she married John Innell in 1883, and Louisa Mary Innell, a widow, when she married John Pensotti in 1915.

Many thanks, that has cleared my head & I can enter these details on the bit of the tree I have created for her :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.