Author Topic: Nottingham stopping ground-Smiths Field? Help  (Read 377 times)

Offline skyshot1990

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nottingham stopping ground-Smiths Field? Help
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 July 19 10:42 BST (UK) »
Ya that will be the caravan brawl...

I have it in my records, every thing would point to it being my 4th great uncle the area is given as meadow rd if I remember right, which again pops up matching this smiths fields name.
Wilsher

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline kaziah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 July 19 11:05 BST (UK) »
Yes that's the one... an alcohol fuelled brawl no doubt!...  we're also related to Charles Bacon who I believe also lived in Watson's Yard.
Kazi
Smith, Plumb, Booth, Slater, Purdy, Clayton, Loveridge
Gray, Parker, Elliott, Wright, Towle, Wesseldine, Margot's, Bacon, Blankley, Goodwin, Stafford.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline skyshot1990

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 July 19 18:05 BST (UK) »
in the 1890s-1940s there seems to be a large amount of travellers in and around Nottingham... Not sure what its like now, my grand dad moved down south and I have never been up there.

The Smith and Wilsher family had extremely strong connections from what my research shows. 
Wilsher