Author Topic: Will and Probate Records - Echuca  (Read 225 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Will and Probate Records - Echuca
« Reply #9 on: Monday 27 May 19 15:20 BST (UK) »
NSW probate granted 9 November 1937,  so seven months after Victoria.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 

Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.

Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Bellevue

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 27 May 19 20:54 BST (UK) »
There is an RChatter who goes to NSW archives to photograph NSW probate packets.  You can find her offer on the resources board.   

Each of the eight juridctions that form the Australian federation,  have their own Parliaments, own court systems etc. 

Probate matters in NSW in 1930s were dealt with at NSW Supreme Court,  and, of course, if several jurisdictions involved in any deceased estate matters, once proven for each jurisdiction, the file would be sealed for the next jurisdiction's determinations... a deceased person could hold real estate in more than one jurisdiction ... and not just in Victoria ... perhaps not just in Australia ...  Echuca is on a state border. :D

Supreme Courts regularly dealt with a matter that is within their authority and seal it,to then  pass it on to the next authority...

JM

Top notch info. Thank you.

I will look for the Rchatter you mention.
Cleary - Clonmel / Ardgeeha / Chancellorstown / Garryntemple---------------O' Donnell - Clerihan------------McGrath - Powerstown---------------Cullinan - Scrothea, Clonmel----------------Flemming - Clerihan----------------Brien - Monkstown----------------Dunne - Poulnagunoge  / Gladstone St, Clonmel-------------Dunn - New York------------O' Neill - Kilsheelan

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Bellevue

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 27 May 19 20:56 BST (UK) »
NSW probate granted 9 November 1937,  so seven months after Victoria.

JM

It makes more sense now. I was wondering how the other probate was wrapped up so fast as I know there was a lot of trouble with the estate and went on for a long period of time.
So it looks like I'll have plenty of reading to do when I get both probates!
Cleary - Clonmel / Ardgeeha / Chancellorstown / Garryntemple---------------O' Donnell - Clerihan------------McGrath - Powerstown---------------Cullinan - Scrothea, Clonmel----------------Flemming - Clerihan----------------Brien - Monkstown----------------Dunne - Poulnagunoge  / Gladstone St, Clonmel-------------Dunn - New York------------O' Neill - Kilsheelan