Author Topic: I can't get my fathers birth certicate!! Help please  (Read 10320 times)

Offline katarina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: I can't get my fathers birth certicate!! Help please
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 20 August 05 13:38 BST (UK) »
Mike,

Thanks for the advise  :)  I'm going to phone Roscommon and speak to them about it and see if they can help.

Katarina
ROBERTSON- Glasgow, Bathgate, Newburgh, Abdie, Abernethy, St Madoes.<br />MALCOLM/CONSTABLE- Abernethy, Dunning.<br />FORSYTH/COWAN- Glasgow, Cathcart.<br />FOTHERINGHAM/PATON/PITKETHLY-Newburgh, Abernethy.<br />BISSLAND/MILLER- New/East Kilpatrick, Glasgow.<br />BARLOW- Lancashire, Glasgow.<br />MITCHELL/JOHNSTON- Buchanan, New/East Kilpatrick.<br />KILROY- London, MIddx/Balinrobe Mayo <br />KAVANAGH/NORTON-Dublin Eire

Offline katarina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
**COMPLETED** Re: I can't get my fathers birth certicate!! Help please
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 24 October 13 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I have managed to get a copy of my father's birth certificate!

Many thanks to all the very kind people on this site who took time out to advise and help and a very big thank you to the lovely man who actually made a phone call to the registrar and got the particulars and reference details for me...you are outstanding!!

I can say that this topic is now closed and thank you so very much  ;D

Kat

ROBERTSON- Glasgow, Bathgate, Newburgh, Abdie, Abernethy, St Madoes.<br />MALCOLM/CONSTABLE- Abernethy, Dunning.<br />FORSYTH/COWAN- Glasgow, Cathcart.<br />FOTHERINGHAM/PATON/PITKETHLY-Newburgh, Abernethy.<br />BISSLAND/MILLER- New/East Kilpatrick, Glasgow.<br />BARLOW- Lancashire, Glasgow.<br />MITCHELL/JOHNSTON- Buchanan, New/East Kilpatrick.<br />KILROY- London, MIddx/Balinrobe Mayo <br />KAVANAGH/NORTON-Dublin Eire

Offline madpat

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 27 October 13 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Was his mother's name Norton?

Offline katarina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 27 October 13 21:43 GMT (UK) »
yes it was Madpat.

His parents are Winifred Norton and Patrick Kavanagh. I've now got the headache of trying to find their marriage.

Offline madpat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 28 October 13 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any details about their address - whether the parents were deceased? Sometimes the word deceased is written next to the parents' names. I have been looking for a Winifred but my guess is that she may have had another first name that she did not use on later documents.

Offline eadaoin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Reilg Chill Barróg
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 28 October 13 17:37 GMT (UK) »
I have been looking for a Winifred but my guess is that she may have had another first name that she did not use on later documents.

you could try Freda, or possibly Una (the Irish version, I think)

eadaoin
Begg - Dublin, Limerick, Cardiff
Brady - Dublin
Breslin - Wexford, Dublin
Byrne - Wicklow
O'Hara - Wexford, Kingstown
McLoghlin - Roscommon
Lawlor - Meath, Dublin
Lynam - Meath and Renovo, Pennsylvania
Everard - Meath
Fagan - Dublin
Meyler/Myler - Wicklow
Gray - Derry, Waterford
Kavanagh - Limerick

Offline madpat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 29 October 13 10:08 GMT (UK) »
Okay thanks I'll try that. Hopefully something will turn up.
My grandmother's sister was always known as Janey but on her birth and marriage cert she was Mary so I know this problem well. It took me ages to find her.

Offline katarina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 01 November 13 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Madpat,

I only have dad's birth certificate details to use in my search so not alot to go on. I'm afraid i have absolutely no family to ask for any information either and dad passed away a number of years ago.

Anyway, the birth cert states:

Richard Kavanagh, 15th May 1932 Rotunda, Dublin North City No.2 
father: Patrick Kavanagh, Labourer, 11c Corporation Buildings,
Mother: Winifred Kavanagh formerly Norton

I'm positive my dad had a sister but again im stuck on that one as i was never told her name but i've looked at the IGI and found Margaret Kavanagh born 1934 to the same parents but in Thurles Tipperary.

I really am looking a few needles in a hatstack lol.

Thanks for your help Eadaoin and Madpat, very kind of both of you

Katarina

Offline madpat

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 01 November 13 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

It looks like the mother was also Margaret and maybe Winifred was her second name or the name used by the family.
On the 1939 electoral roll for Dublin at 11C Corporation Buildings there is the family Patrick Kavanagh with wife Margaret (unless she is a remarriage) and Margaret Junior. Margaret must have been 21 to be on the voting list so that means she was born in about 1918. Richard would have been a baby. The couple may have had a good few children that died. I will now try and find out more. :D