Author Topic: Video Tutorials  (Read 9113 times)

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Video Tutorials
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 August 05 00:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Keith and newbie,
  I tried it in explorer, Firefox and Safari and they all work. When the  streaming window opens, in the bottom right corner is a little down arrow. If you click this it will bring up a window for quicktime settings. Select plugin settings, then select the Browser tab and make sure "play movies automatically is selected. Then click the streaming tab and from the streaming speed select Automatic. Below that you should see Instant on. Tick the enable Instant-on then drag the slider to the right for a short delay, this will allow your buffer fill up before t starts to stream. next select the advanced tab. Transport setup should be Automatic. RTSP Proxy Server should be unchecked. Then you might want to increase the Download Cache. Below that the Video settings should be Safe mode unchecked, Direct Draw checked, and the two below that should be check. Then below that, Tray Icon should be checked.

whew, nothing is simple
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 August 05 00:33 BST (UK) »
Hi deadants,

I can't alter the settings as you suggest - the quicktime window opens - without an arrow in the bottom corner and an error message appears after 2 seconds!

I have been into the quicktime preferences - and most of them were as you suggested - increased my Cache and dragged the pointer to the right for a short delay - been back and still have an error!!

Sorry for trouble - dieing to see them!!

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 August 05 00:41 BST (UK) »
Hi keith, Any chance you can try it in another browser like firefox.
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 18 August 05 00:47 BST (UK) »
NO!   ;D ;D

Only have Internet Explorer ver 6 - don't think I want to confuse myself even more - with 2 brousers!

Presume if I insert the url direct into the Quicktime window - the same thing will happen?

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 18 August 05 07:19 BST (UK) »
hello deadants and keith,
just tried still won't work by 2x clicking, only by right click, and open link, tried irfan view tute -worked absolutely fine off to try the others, speed was fine in this one .. ;D
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 18 August 05 07:22 BST (UK) »
me again,
the 1st scanning tutorial  "Preview"?  wouldn't work same problem as before and as Keith, tries to open and then IE just shuts down no time to do as you ask deadants...... :'(

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 18 August 05 07:42 BST (UK) »
How about if you run the Irfran View tute again and check your settings. The IrfranView tute is 4.6MB the Preview scan is only 816KB the Final scan is 2.1MB and the save for web is 4.6Mb So you can see they are all fairly small files. I asked a friend today to download Quicklime 7 and view the tutorials on his PC using IE6 and he said they all worked OK.

I wonder if you download firefox and try it in that browser it might make a difference.

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 18 August 05 07:49 BST (UK) »
opened irfanview tute, but opened too quick for me to do as you said, so right clicked to get the settings, then checked everything you said to do was as it should be - only difference was in the cache, I had none so moved the slider over, off to see what works,

Offline newbie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 18 August 05 07:50 BST (UK) »
Preview tute, - 2x clicked and quicktime window opened for a bit longer but then IE came up with same message and shut down. :'(