Author Topic: ThruLines  (Read 3425 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: ThruLines
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 13 June 19 21:20 BST (UK) »
Yes I am just working through a similar such scenario now.

There is definitely a dna match between this person and both myself and my daughter but because his tree is limited to just a couple of generations ThruLines has pinched other people from other family trees and finally a sibling of my 2nd great grandfather and said - here you are we have found the link!

Only they haven't cos although my 2xgrandfather did have such a sibling it is not the person they have identified as his 2xgrandfather, neither the dates nor the wives/children match.

However, Thrulines has given me enough info to work back on his family to see where the connection is - there obviously is one but the generations are either out or someone has got their ancestors wrong.  Pretty sure it is not me but you never know so if I can't find the anomaly working his tree back then I will recheck mine.

All I was meaning is that if I had just come across this person as a match - and he has a name which doesn't appear anywhere in my tree - I wouldn't really have had much of a clue of the connection but with ThruLines it at least gives me a hint.

I just find it easier and quicker to work from the ThruLines than picking anybody at random from my list of shared matches from the list and seeing if I can deduce whom our shared ancestor is.

Yes it is frustrating at times however, although someone else's papertrail can lie its not often that the dna does.

Pheno

Updated :  I have worked the connection back and the dna is correct - myself and the dna match are 4th cousins thus sharing 3xgreat grandparents however the way Thrulines has connected via 2 different trees is incorrect as one of the tree owners has an incorrect set of grandparents.  It has allowed me however to follow the proposed line of descent and confirm the match.
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 14 June 19 20:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I have finally got Thrulines, Rootschat is so much more helpful than the people at Ancestry!
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Offline Flemming

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 20 June 19 20:04 BST (UK) »
Also now have ThruLines. After being a chief whinger for so long about not getting them, I feel I now have to say they've finally arrived and, although only a handful of matches are showing with common ancestors, the suggested connections for most of them appear to be correct. Well I'm blowed. If only everyone had a (correct) tree, job would be done in no time (imho) ;)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 24 July 19 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I had an email from ancestry on Monday after I complained many times the email said that I didn’t have enough family info on my tree for thrulines which I knew was completely incorrect.

I changed my name & both my parents from initials to their full names & now I have thruLines that is fantastic as I can now get common ancestors, very please so big thanks.  :)

I have had ThruLines right from the outset and really like the concept.  However I have recently added my full blood sibling to my tree and attached her dna to herself in this tree but I cannot get any ThruLines for her - despite her having exactly the same ancestors as me.

I know that she should have the same ThruLines but wondered if it would suggest the same potential ancestors or different ones. 

Has anybody else got both themselves and a sibling in the same dna tree with both having ThruLines?

I also have my daughter and husband in this tree with their dna attached and both have ThruLines.

Pheno
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 24 July 19 15:29 BST (UK) »
Yes, I have my brother, my nephew and several cousins all connected in to my tree. I get ThruLines for all of them.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 24 July 19 19:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks Craclyn.  Will wait for Ancestry response then.

Pheno
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Wray - Yorkshire