Author Topic: how to get reserected on Ancestry tree  (Read 652 times)

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: how to get reserected on Ancestry tree
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 00:12 BST (UK) »
I think you can complain directly to Ancestry if someone is deliberately showing a living person as deceased.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Bainbridge, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Coxon, Davis, Dow, Farside, Garden, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Johnson, Laidler, Mason, Miller, Milne, Moreis, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Young

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 07:25 BST (UK) »
I totally get where you're coming from, I found myself dead on someone's tree.  It was very disconcerting.  When I contacted the tree holder they said they valued accuracy and I had not provided enough evidence that I was still alive.  The tree seems to have disappeared but I suspect I may just be blocked.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 07:51 BST (UK) »
I had a similar problem. Though not marked as deceased, names and details of 8 living people were being displayed on a public tree. I'd tried contacting the owner but got no response. I contacted ancestry customer service who told me it would be passed to the relevant department.
A month went by and nothing changed on the tree.
I rang ancestry, who gave me an email address  customersolutions[-- at --]ancestry.com and said I should contact them.
That seemed to do the trick, I believe that ancestry marked the names as living which removed the info from the public domain.

Boo

Moderator Comment: e-mail edited, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please replace [-- at --] with @

Offline miw

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 06 June 19 23:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone.  I added a comment and te person has now been removed from the tree.
Mary