Author Topic: Karl Frederik HALLGREN - Sweden  (Read 5568 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: KARL FREDERIK HALLGREN SWEDEN
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 06 June 19 00:36 BST (UK) »
Yes I am doing well thanks.
Not cold here though but a pretty hot 32°C.

Ian
Haha that's just a pleasant summer's day to us Aussies. Try 46, which we had a couple of times our last summer.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 06 June 19 09:51 BST (UK) »
Haha that's just a pleasant summer's day to us Aussies. Try 46, which we had a couple of times our last summer.

I think 46°C is a bit too high for me.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 06 June 19 10:07 BST (UK) »

How did you find Brita Cattarina etc. birth record if not under HALLGREN.  Now that has put a different spin on the research as the name is not really HALLGREN now is it, if she is BROR AUGUST HALLGRENS stepdaughter.

Her date of birth is recorded beside her name and usually the place of birth too. The record states that her mother's name is Sigrin Olofsdotter. Brita took the surname Hallgren when Sigrin married Bror.

Here is Brita's death record from Järvsö 27 Nov 1869:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01nw6/

Translation:
Hallgren Brita Katrina, daughter to carpenter Hallgren and his wife Olsdotter Sigrin in Kyrkbyn i Nr. 3

She died of peritonitis

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 06 June 19 11:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Dianna
I received the image fine thanks.
The "7" you asked about is the amount of persons on the tax record.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 06 June 19 11:32 BST (UK) »

Yes the 1876-1880 census link you sent is correct BUT Karl also appears on the 1871-1880 Residence Stockholm, Sverige (Swedish Household Examination Books that is where my confusion was/is as there is no actual tick or sign underneath all of the years from 1871 to 1880 so I wasn't sure if he was there with the NILSSON'S for that WHOLE period but you think he is with them from 1873, makes more sense doesn't it.

Just clearing up some queries.

Source:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSG4-733N-4?i=215&cc=2790465
He was with the Nilssons up to 12 June 1874 when he left for Hedvig Eleanora Parish in Stockholm.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 06 June 19 11:35 BST (UK) »

1881 - Out - Klara Parish
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01nw0/ - nr 10. He was a tailor here.

1884 - Out - Klara Parish
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01nw1/ - nr 14.

1886 - Out - Klara Parish
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01nw2/

1886 - In - Johannes Parish
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01nw3/

The record in bold text coincides with the image you sent me.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 06 June 19 11:41 BST (UK) »

1885-1886 he is in the book of missing persons in Klara parish.

Do you have this record by any chance?

Ian

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 06 June 19 21:49 BST (UK) »
Hi thanks for all the information on Karl, I'm just going through it now.  With regards to the missing Karl in 1886 I will look at my notes, probably from one of my old enquires.  Way back in 2009 one of the people helping used a Klara CD to find things for me.
In regard to the below, which has just been sent to me!!  Is it possible to find the actual image of this census as KARL FREDERIK is referred to as THORSLUND and that is his fathers name.

In next census he is living with in Stockholm with Olof and Fredrika

Källa: Hedvig Eleonora AIa:72 (1873-1874) Bild 325
Samma hushåll
Olof Nilsson 18450820   
Fredrika Charlotta 18430209   
Carl Fredrik Thorslund 18691119

Birth record:-1869-11-19  KARL FREDRIK born (Söderhamn), County of Gävleborg  Illegitimate son of BRITA CATHRINA HALLGREN born 1846-08-20, came from Hudiksvall 1867, died 1869-11-27 8 day’s after giving birth.

The birth book for Soderhamn says that the mother wishes to be anonymous    BUT someone has added: Mother Brita Katarina Hallgren, 23 years old, carpenters daughter from Kyrkbyn in Jarvso parish Father: Shop keeper G F Thorslund, Stockholm.  Address: Regeringsgatan 94 A, The Spice shop.  Brita’s brother Bror Olof Hallgren was one of the witness’s to the baptism.  Karl Frederik was born at the midwife, Mrs Noren’s home.

Söderhamn CI:5 (1868-1877) Image 30 / page 25 (AID: v136897.b30.s25, NAD: SE/HLA/1010202)

Now of course I am trying to find out WHEN he left Stockholm (or other place in Sweden) to come here in 1888, so my next question is are there any documents pertaining to him after the "Sailors" document.  I guess he didn't worry/bother about informing the parish.  Thanks so much for your help now I have a bit more of an idea of his life and movements.  Regards Dianna

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 06 June 19 22:33 BST (UK) »
HI Ian just a snippet from my timeline, don't know if it helps or not.  I have a copy of the tax roll as well with his foster mum.

I guess he was too young to pay taxes at this time and if he left Sweden c 1887 (if he did?) then I suppose there are not too many other records.

I would imagine if he were "working" on a/the ship there would be a payroll/manifest or something but I have not been able to find any information on that at all. 

I can only surmise that the guy in Victoria is him, the timeline adds up BUT I may never know, especially as he has given "False Parents" on his marriage certificate. 

His first child was born in 1892 in Victoria so that is a gap from 1888-1892 that needs filling, which I don't think is possible, not from the records here anyway.  Many many thanks Dianna

1885 Info, moved out
Moved out:
Move to the appendix B
1884-1885 alone at "Fyrfotan Mindre 7,8" in
Klara parish, moved 1885 to "Bilagan" (usually a list of people leaving
without giving proper notice), and in 1885-1886 he is in the book of
missing persons in Klara parish.

1885 Carl Fredik listed as not present in Klara Parish at the same time a remark saying moved to Tegnergatan 4, on 20 Febr. 1886

1886 Tax roll with foster mother

1887 he is alone and is titled “Sjomannen”, the sailor