Author Topic: Karl Frederik HALLGREN - Sweden  (Read 1085 times)

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Karl Frederik HALLGREN - Sweden
« Reply #72 on: Friday 12 July 19 12:01 BST (UK) »
This Johanna Wärme wasn't his wife. She lived with them as a "piga". She was a "bagerska" a baker which has been crossed out.

Explanation for "piga" using Google translate:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01o1j/

Ian

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline haney

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Karl Frederik HALLGREN - Sweden
« Reply #73 on: Friday 12 July 19 20:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian thanks for that link/explanation.  Makes the research just that bit more interesting really.  I was trying to find the family Bror August Hallgren and the Olofsson's (Signe Olofsdotter) on the early census re 1870 and earlier. 

I have only ever found KARL/CARL Frederik on the 1880 Census.  Karl isn't on the 1890 Census from what I have been told years ago.

Are all the census records available from the archives do you know.  How did you find your family on the early census'.  Kind regards Dianna

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.