Author Topic: The Question That Dare Not Speak Its Name...  (Read 4411 times)

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
The Question That Dare Not Speak Its Name...
« on: Thursday 06 June 19 04:33 BST (UK) »
When are we getting the rest? !!

Looking back, last summer (2018), Clare Santry was telling us she had good and bad news:
The bad: The GRO update was going to be delayed until November 2018  >:(
The good: Going to be a complete update of all outstanding material!  :o

Well, the update just happened (June, 2019), a year (or more?) late. And it is not a complete update. Still to be released are pre-1864 marriages, and pre-1878 deaths.

Anyone hear anything? 

I want to get a return on all my overpaid taxes!

We wants it! Precious!

BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Question That Dare Not Speak Its Name...
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 June 19 07:54 BST (UK) »
Are you referring to the online GRO indexes?

They currently include -
Births 1837 to 1918 it seems the GRO are classing births over 100 years old as Historic
Deaths 1837 to 1957 it seems the GRO are classing births over 161 years old as Historic but this is due to the Dove Project (Digitisation of Vital Events) only digitised death records to 1957

Marriages were not digitised under the Dove project and are therefore not offerred as PDF files.

I also note they now supply a Multilingual Standard Form as an option which I had not noticed before.

Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 June 19 08:25 BST (UK) »

They currently include -
Births 1837 to 1918 it seems the GRO are classing births over 100 years old as Historic
Deaths 1837 to 1957 it seems the GRO are classing births over 161 years old as Historic but this is due to the Dove Project (Digitisation of Vital Events) only digitised death records to 1957

Marriages were not digitised under the Dove project and are therefore not offerred as PDF files.

I also note they now supply a Multilingual Standard Form as an option which I had not noticed before.

Cheers
Guy

Methinks you have the wrong GRO.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 June 19 10:54 BST (UK) »
Sure is an 'Irish'  query... 

xin

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 06 June 19 12:06 BST (UK) »

They currently include -

Cheers
Guy

Methinks you have the wrong GRO.

Yes, I click on the message rather than the board so missed it was a question on the Ireland (Historical Counties) board.

Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.

Offline what0101

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 10 June 19 10:59 BST (UK) »
Which years specifically were released in this update? I can't find a list of what was there previously.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 10 June 19 11:21 BST (UK) »

Which years specifically were released in this update? I can't find a list of what was there previously.

See
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/news/154-update-to-the-civil-records-3

KG
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline what0101

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 10 June 19 12:10 BST (UK) »

See
https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/news/154-update-to-the-civil-records-3

KG

I saw that, but I'm still not clear which years were added compared to what was there before. Apologies if I'm being dense, I may need it spelled out for me.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 10 June 19 13:35 BST (UK) »
I was also trying to remember what was previously on the site to avoid duplicating earlier searches  :-\
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!