Author Topic: Looking for a friend  (Read 3037 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a friend
« Reply #9 on: Monday 10 June 19 10:33 BST (UK) »
His father remarried from what I was told to Mary p Ashley (nee stephenson) in 1984 had a son D bastard
1 st wife All she said was she was called m s macdonald/nee Stuart-Holmes  they married in 1966
Will tell her about the will things she did say to the people (finders) who are asking for more money to search Canada that she wanted his share to be put in a account for 3 years if he turns up great if not give the money to charity
Thank you all for your replies

I am not Legally trained, but to me (from notes of Wills & Admins), this sounds wrong to me and also wondering if the Administrator now, might be liable if a Beneficiary shows up to claim later.

Someone else cannot say what should happen to a Beneficiary's Inheritance or give it to Charity.

Because the Beneficiary usually has to renounce their inheritance first, before someone else can decide what to do with an Inheritance entitlement. How can they renounce if it is claimed they are currently uncontactable?

Added for everyone - If on Benefit you should not renounce an inheritance as you may lose certain Benefit/s anyway, seek advice.

Someone born in the 1960s could live into the 2060s and beyond. Their Marriage partner if any and any children even longer into the future than 2060s. So three years sounds wrong.

Someone born in England in the 1960s won't be drawing their old age Pension yet and might not show up with a recent address in a search with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) until they reach Pension age.

If they have not been in hospital or admitted into A & E and had tests recently, they might not show up in recent NHS England records either, when doing an NHS check.

C.A.B.
The Executor and/or Administrator ought to go to the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) and see their Duty Solicitor.

https://www.gov.uk/wills-probate-inheritance