Author Topic: Place of birth for year 1784  (Read 955 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Place of birth for year 1784
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 08 June 19 15:10 BST (UK) »
For example:

Parents - Roderick Macdonald, Crofter (Deceased) Janet McDonald, Maiden Name, McDonald

Wives: Margaret McDonald, Maiden Name - Ritchie 1st Marriage. Christy or Chirsty  McDonald, Maiden Name -Campbell 2nd Marriage

Children: Roderick 40 yrs by 1st wife Duncan 2 yrs by 2nd wife
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 June 19 16:26 BST (UK) »
and:

Died: February Fourteenth 6 PM  at  Muckernich, Knockbain

Cause  of Death not known, 8 days. No medical attention

Burial Place : Suddie, Knockbain, as certified by George Corner, grave digger

Informant: Alexdr McDonald, Brother in Law  (signed)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Craigellachie2019

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 June 19 08:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you Gadget.  Apologies for lateness of reply.  I'm in Australia and was away from home most of today.  My cousin purchased the search and downloaded a pdf I believe and sent it thru to me.  The headings of the document were all clear - eg 1855 Macdonald, Alexander stat registers crown copyright etc etc etc - it was the actual 3 deaths and all their content on that page that were all blurred and whether I blew them up or not - they were still blurry.  That is interesting you said notified by brother in law Alexander McDonald.  My copy is chopped off at the 'Mc' but my cousin said it said McIver.  That had added some mystery to our search because according to other documentation, Christy/Chirsty/Christian/Christina is supposed to be a McIver.  Is why this death was so important to read.  Seeing Campbell on it really threw a spanner in the works, but seeing 'McIver' brother in law looked promising and we were looking to see if there was a Campbell/McIver.  If you don't see McIver but see McDonald we are no further advanced and still have a problem in not finding Duncan's birth nor death.
Scotland: Stewart, Smith, Edward, Barron, Macdonald, Sinclair, Millar/Miller, Ross, Salmon(d), Cuthel, Cuthill, Macalister, McAlaster, McAllister, Forsyth, Haddow, Todd, Aitken, Gartshore, Mackie, Strang
England: Lucas, Parkinson, Nicholls
Ireland: Keys, McAuliffe, Achilles, Fenner/Fannin, Halpin
Germany: Achilles, Bartels, Barthold, Pralow, Schreiber, Kloth, Cords

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 09 June 19 08:09 BST (UK) »
the surnames are definitely what I've written. If you PM me an e-mail address, I can send you my copy.

When you mentioned McIver and Campbell, I recalled some work I did many years ago - the McIvers were regarded as a sept of the Campbell clan. See: https://www.scotweb.co.uk/info/maciver/

Gadget

Added - Brother in Law could be a sister's husband

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 09 June 19 08:29 BST (UK) »
Also, information given on certificates (death certs, in particular) are often erroneous as informants might not know the correct info and give what they think is correct.