Author Topic: German Census 1819 Pentzlin Mecklenburg  (Read 500 times)

Offline clancam37

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
German Census 1819 Pentzlin Mecklenburg
« on: Sunday 09 June 19 02:42 BST (UK) »
Can sks help with this Census 1819 attached.
Can sks decipher this page? The first six names.  First name Johann SCHMIDT probably the Father of the fourth entry, Johann Christian Theodor SCHMIDT. Numbers 2 and 5 are they the same surname?  MOLSTRECHT?
Could the be related to the SCHMIDTs here.
They appear to live in the same dwelling.
Hope you can help.
Nerly there.
Kind regards
clancam37

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
Re: German Census 1819 Pentzlin Mecklenburg
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 June 19 14:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I think it's Moltrecht.

I found a Staatshandbuch (list of public and local authorities, with contact details, descriptions of duties, etc.) for Mecklenburg für 1836.

For Penzlin, there is an Ernst Adolph Friedrich Moltrecht listed as lawyer.

https://books.google.de/books?id=ojw-AAAAYAAJ&pg=PA107&lpg=PA107&dq=johann+ludwig+moltrecht&source=bl&ots=wBBXZ2nAZK&sig=ACfU3U0vUY-HJmhEzC8_41MFKCANS7TOGQ&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjxl-u5wNziAhXSZlAKHaBmDQ0Q6AEwDXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=johann%20ludwig%20moltrecht&f=false

I'll have another look in a while.

Karen

Edit:
Johann Friederich Schmidt, born 1777. Married.
The next one is tricky. Possibly something-friederika Dorethea Moltrecht? The "something" looks as though it starts with "F". 1756. Married.
Adolph Friderich Schmidt (with a different "F" spelling for Friederich). 1707. Single.
Johann Christian Theodor Schmidt. 1814. Single.
Johann Ludwig Moltrecht. 1777. Single.
Carl Friederich Haacker. 1769. Married.

Religion for all of them is "Lutherisch" (Lutheran).
Under how long they've lived there I THINK it says Jugend, so since they were young.

Really not sure about Johann F. Schmidt's occupation. I keep seeing something like baker, but that is probably unlikely. :-).
Herr Haacker is a "Knecht" - a servant or farmhand.

I can't work out Moltrecht's occupation, short though it may be!

The column next to the occupation describes the piece of land (size of field, garden, etc.).

For both Johan Schmidt and Johan Moltrecht, land areas are given (Moltrecht has 2 acres of field/farmland).

That's as much as I can make out, I'm afraid.

McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline clancam37

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: German Census 1819 Pentzlin Mecklenburg
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 June 19 02:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Karen,
Fantastic work, Karen.
Lot of information translated.  The occupation: Baker could be correct -- several generations of Bakers later in this family line.
Kept you from walking your Pooch sorry about that.
Many many tanks for your help.
Kind regards
Barry
clancam37

Hi,

I think it's Moltrecht.

I found a Staatshandbuch (list of public and local authorities, with contact details, descriptions of duties, etc.) for Mecklenburg für 1836.

For Penzlin, there is an Ernst Adolph Friedrich Moltrecht listed as lawyer.

https://books.google.de/books?id=ojw-AAAAYAAJ&pg=PA107&lpg=PA107&dq=johann+ludwig+moltrecht&source=bl&ots=wBBXZ2nAZK&sig=ACfU3U0vUY-HJmhEzC8_41MFKCANS7TOGQ&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjxl-u5wNziAhXSZlAKHaBmDQ0Q6AEwDXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=johann%20ludwig%20moltrecht&f=false

I'll have another look in a while.

Karen

Edit:
Johann Friederich Schmidt, born 1777. Married.
The next one is tricky. Possibly something-friederika Dorethea Moltrecht? The "something" looks as though it starts with "F". 1756. Married.
Adolph Friderich Schmidt (with a different "F" spelling for Friederich). 1707. Single.
Johann Christian Theodor Schmidt. 1814. Single.
Johann Ludwig Moltrecht. 1777. Single.
Carl Friederich Haacker. 1769. Married.

Religion for all of them is "Lutherisch" (Lutheran).
Under how long they've lived there I THINK it says Jugend, so since they were young.

Really not sure about Johann F. Schmidt's occupation. I keep seeing something like baker, but that is probably unlikely. :-).
Herr Haacker is a "Knecht" - a servant or farmhand.

I can't work out Moltrecht's occupation, short though it may be!

The column next to the occupation describes the piece of land (size of field, garden, etc.).

For both Johan Schmidt and Johan Moltrecht, land areas are given (Moltrecht has 2 acres of field/farmland).

That's as much as I can make out, I'm afraid.