Author Topic: HP Deskjet Printer3634  (Read 265 times)

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HP Deskjet Printer3634
« on: Sunday 09 June 19 11:04 BST (UK) »
     I bought a new Windows 10 HP Celeron Laptop last week, and it is up and running fine, but there are problems with an HP Deskjet printer, which my sister gave me.      ....When I was using my old Windows 7 computer, whenever I wanted to scan a photo, I simply went to Devices and Printers, and scanned a photo to my computer from there.        Can't do that now.      I am not familiar with the HP printer.     I have no instructions for it.       I have no idea what the array of buttons on the left side of the HP printer are for.       It was a Dell 924 I had previously.       
Searching for Bap of Edward Worels born 1826 Hollingbourne, Kent

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Mckha489

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: HP Deskjet Printer3634
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 June 19 11:30 BST (UK) »
Have you added the printer?

In Devices and Printers it should show. If it doesnít there should be a button (I donít use windows so not sure exactly what yours will look like) or perhaps a + sign, then if your printer is turned on you should hopefully see it and select it to add to your system.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/add-printer-windows-10
currently concentrating on NUTCHER & MARSHALL families, Hampshire.
and family of Thomas ANDERSON a Tailor of Perth, Scotland

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Martin H. Watson Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 June 19 11:36 BST (UK) »
Gedmatch DNA Kit H062246.
FT-DNA Kit B388093

Names:
Loughborough and Loughbrough, (London, Hull, Pirton, Durham & Hartlepool);
Watson, (Bedlington, Jarrow & Hartlepool);
Ballard & Glassop (E. London); 
Leggett (Corton, Scarborough, Hartlepool); 
Young, Adamson & Wilson, (Hartlepool). 

I use GRAMPS v5.0 software. 

My ancestors are probably turning in their graves, not that I can actually find any of them.

Offline greenrig

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Father, 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 June 19 11:38 BST (UK) »
You probably need to install the drivers for the Printer/Scanner - that would have been done on your old laptop when the printer was first installed.  See here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/model/8296174
NEILSON - Erskine/Bishopton, Renfrewshire and Glasgow
BROWN - Hamilton, Lanarkshire
CAIRNS - Hamilton, Lanarkshire
FINDLAY - Kirriemuir area, Forfarshire/Angus
PORTER - Tobermore, Derry, Ireland

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 June 19 12:30 BST (UK) »
         The computer guy who got my new laptop going also tried connected the printer.      He then put a photo I gave him under the lid and the printer went through the usual chugging motions  of printing out a photo copy - except that the ink had dried up and the A4 paper came out blank.      He said that was all I needed - the ink.       So I assume that the Drivers must have been there and working fine if he could get the blank print-out.      (I got new ink catridges and fitted them in).

On Devices and Printers, I see the name of the printer there.     However, with Windows 7, it was easy to click the image and then get the choice of a Preview of the image and the chance to crop the image.      Don't understand why I can't get that now. :P

I wonder if my wireless Laptop is compatible with the printer.

Offline Mckha489

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 June 19 12:37 BST (UK) »
currently concentrating on NUTCHER & MARSHALL families, Hampshire.
and family of Thomas ANDERSON a Tailor of Perth, Scotland

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 09 June 19 13:08 BST (UK) »
McKha,
            I clicked on that link you just gave me, and when I scrolled down a little bit, it shows HP Deskjet F2400 series with image of printer.       I used to get the image of my old printer showing like that on my previous computer, and when I clicked on that then the image headed New Scan came up and everything worked.     Now, instead of an real image of any printers I have or had previously, all I get is the name of my printer with the outline of a printer, and not the proper image of the printer showing on your link.     This is the root of the problem.

When I click "Troubleshooting" it says, Printer Status: Idle

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 09 June 19 14:43 BST (UK) »
        Solved it.    ...I go to Start, but I DON'T type in Printers & Scanners.     I go to Windows Settings - Devices - Settings - Bluetooth & Other Devices - and there is my HP Deskjet Printer 3630 series with its own image showing.    Click that, and there is New Scan.     

Thanks a lot folks.     I opened every the link you all gave me to try to get a better understanding of what I should be doing.      Slowly & gradually, I managed to get there.

Thanks again!

Offline Midase

• RootsChat User
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 09 June 19 19:32 BST (UK) »
That is a long way round to get the printer. The next time you go to the printer, right click on it and choose to Create a Shortcut. This will add a shortcut to your desktop for the printer.