Author Topic: Robert Henry Nevin 1848 - ? What happened to him.  (Read 371 times)

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Henry Nevin 1848 - ? What happened to him.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 11 June 19 09:54 BST (UK) »
It would appear that Louisa's surname was Gibb. Her brother was a John James King Gibb 1866-1923.  It is noted on his estate that his sister is married to R.H. Nevin.  Albert French Nevin was appointed as executor.
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 11 June 19 10:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you Catherine for the link to the grave photo, I wasn't expecting that.

Thank you Nookie for the note that Albert French Nevin was the executor of JJK Gibb's estate I had not come across that before.

I do think I have the right Robert Henry Nevin and his most likely wife is Louisa Gibb, I would just like to find the marriage to see if it names his parents to tie it up. I have found a few more leads so I will chase them up to see if they can help. I have not seen that Robert left a will but if there was one it could help sort out who were his children, I only knew of Albert but it appears there are at least two others.

Thank you both for your help.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 11 June 19 12:41 BST (UK) »
Found another son - Gerald George Nevin 1889 - 20 October 1936. Married to a Frances Devoy.  I have downloaded his death notice, so if you pm me your email address I will send it on to you.
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline Nookie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 11 June 19 13:16 BST (UK) »
I have just found what I think could be a daughter - Louisa Margaret born +1 1911 who married a Harry Milne.  The witness is R.H. Nevin.  There is another possibility as well - Rhoda Helen who married a Langham Arthur Walker at the same church as Louisa. The witness could be an L Nevin. I have downloaded both.
Fulton-Ireland
Barber
Woods

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 11 June 19 13:30 BST (UK) »
PM sent to Nookie

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 June 19 14:32 BST (UK) »
This is an extract from the report of Robert Henry Nevin's death in Port Elizabeth, Cape Town Province in 1900. Does the reference numbers indicate where the marriage record may be found? (It looks like L4 D2 whatever that means)