Author Topic: Robert Warner & father 1676 Ridlington area  (Read 2376 times)

Offline MazzyStar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Warner & father 1676 Ridlington area
« on: Tuesday 11 June 19 21:50 BST (UK) »
Hi all!

Looking for any info on a Robert Warner born Ridlington, Norfolk 1676? and his Father, Robert Warner.

I've found information, however it gets slightly confusing!:
(Father) Robert Warner dates unknown
(Son) Robert Warner 1676- 1739 ??
(Grandson) Robert Warner 1705?

I found a death under the name Robert Warner Sr. In 1739, but I'm not sure what Robert that would even relate to!

I'm looking for any info on Robert & his Father Robert Warner & Mother Mary ??? My search stops at these two ??? ???

Any help and sources are greatly appreciated!!!

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Warner & father 1676 Ridlington area
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 June 19 10:13 BST (UK) »
There are several entries for warners in Ridlington on FreeReg which may be well worth looking at.

There is a Robert Warner baptised 1640,son of Stephen and Barberie, in Ridlington
Stephen Warner married Barbery Luffe in Ridlington 7 September 1635
Burial for Stephen Wornor(sic) Ridlington 1670 and for Barbara in 1680. She is a widow.

Robert Warner born Ridlington 1676 parents Robert and Mary.

Robert Warner married 24 August 1701 in Worstead to Sarah Samuel.( Worstead is about 4 miles from Ridlington)

Robert Warner born 1705 Worstead parents Robert and Sarah.

I suggest you click on the Name Soundex button as there are several ways of spelling Warner.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline celticharpist

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Warner & father 1676 Ridlington area
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 October 20 15:28 BST (UK) »
I have Robert Warner in my tree - I have him as Robert Warner born 1705, the son of Robert Warner and Sarah Saul not Sarah Samuel.  Lots of people have the abbreviation Saml in their trees and have lengthened it to Samuel but I strongly believe, looking at the handwriting, that it is Saul.  Sarah Saul (sometimes Saull) was born in 1683 in Worstead, the daughter of William Saul and Sarah Gillham.  She married Robert Warner in 1701 in Worstead.  Details are available on FreeReg for this.  Hope you find this useful.