Author Topic: Mary Emeline Frederickson 1848-1930 Photos for dating please  (Read 487 times)

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad - 9 times Mayor of Arundel
    • View Profile
Mary Emeline Frederickson 1848-1930 Photos for dating please
« on: Thursday 13 June 19 11:27 BST (UK) »
I found the full length pic on ebay and by pure chance the other 2, all from separate sellers and named.  My task is now to research this lady. She  is Mary Emmeline Frederickson born 1848 (Nicholson) died 1930. Any ideas of dates please.
Redman, Jupp, Brockhurst of West Sussex
Moore County Down. Redman of Posey, Indiana, USA Emigrated 1820

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Emeline Frederickson 1848-1930 Photos for dating please
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 June 19 11:33 BST (UK) »
These should have been with my previous post, sorry. Mary Emeline Frederickson 1848-1930 for dating is popssible.     Threads merged.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 June 19 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane...I think the top one is 1860s and the bottom one early 1870s. Lovely photos.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 June 19 14:33 BST (UK) »
(1st post)This one is early - mid 1870s as it looks to have square corners. It's always a good idea to post a scan of the backs to Jane including the corners.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 June 19 14:52 BST (UK) »
This one is early - mid 1870s as it looks to have square corners. It's always a good idea to post a scan of the backs to Jane including the corners.
Carol

Thanks Carol.  All of these backs have square corners.  I assume corners give  indication of age of picture.    I have another from my latest batch of cartes de visites, named and  dated 1877 that has rounded corners. Another named and dated 1870 also has rounded corners.  But the last named and dated 1871 has square corners.  Now I am confused :(

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 13 June 19 15:04 BST (UK) »
The rounded corners first appeared in the very early 1870s to enable the cartes to fit more easily into the album sleeves. Some photographers would have been using up old card stock so the dates are an estimate.
Have you found Family for her?
Carol

Offline jettejjane

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 13 June 19 15:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carol.  Yes I have found about about her, only asking for dating out of curiosity.