Author Topic: F R  (Read 1943 times)

Offline izapunter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
F R
« on: Saturday 15 June 19 04:03 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
Just enquiring how one would go about finding all the males named F. R born in 1940's, living or passed on now?  Is there a way?  I've been listening to The Lady Vanishes podcast and wondering how to find this out, as they have found one with that initial and name, but I'm thinking there must be more?  Thank you for your time.  You all helped me a long time ago finding a Mr Henry Willis, it was wonderful.  Cheers all

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: F R
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 June 19 07:42 BST (UK) »

Born in this country, or elsewhere, and living in this country or elsewhere when?

Added:  Is this to do with an Australian lady who disappears and a podcast about her, nothing to do with the famous film?

Added: film makers looking for M F Remakel. from newspaper cutting.  If he was advertising for love/marriage he probably lied about his age, surely?

Offline izapunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 June 19 08:40 BST (UK) »
Hi chempat,
Thank you so much for answering. Yes, it is the podcast.  I just  can't believe that there's only one F R with a 1940's birthdate, and I would like to know where to look to check if there are more, I get so curious chempat!!. Yes, the age could be made up, but 47 is an odd age to put up so it might be right, but yes, maybe he was younger or older, hmmm, could be made up for sure.  They think the M stands for Monsieur, I'm not so sure, so maybe the name does start with M?  I would like to find out if anyone  with that birthdate who was around in 1994 to 97 in Australia has since passed away or living elsewhere.   He spoke French so thinking  not from Australia, would be overseas birth/death record.  Maybe need to find any F r born around 1940's .... i'm trying to find places to look for things but not too clever really at finding birth/death information.  Cheers

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 June 19 08:44 BST (UK) »
Think there is already a lot of research about the lady (obviously) and Remakel leads- just picked up from a website :
'I’m thinking the MF Remakel is a made up name like the other strange names and probably not a good lead for Ancestry.'

Offline izapunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 15 June 19 08:47 BST (UK) »
Okay, thanks  chempat, I will leave now.  Cheers
Just need to find out how to delete then I will go, just having a look,  Forgiveness, oh my.  Cheers

Offline LucyLoo777

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 18 July 21 12:55 BST (UK) »
Remakel is more commonly found in The United States than any other country/territory so a good place to start looking. Francis Remakel is listed on white pages but you will need to look him up yourself as unable to share links on here. He died in 1994 in Cook, Illinois aged 73 so a great deal older than the advert which you quote from. Family search site is very confusing as it lists him still living in 1995  :o

Le Courier advert says M.F.Remakel- M could stand for Monsieur but is that assumption on the podcast producers part.

Offline LucyLoo777

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 18 July 21 22:05 BST (UK) »

Remakel is more commonly found in The United States than any other country/territory so a good place to start looking. Francis Remakel is listed on white pages but you will need to look him up yourself as unable to share links on here. He died in 1994 in Cook, Illinois aged 73 so a great deal older than the advert which you quote from. Family search then list someone with almost an identical name (spelt with an i) and also born in 1921 as still living in 1995  :o :o

Le Courier advert says M.F.Remakel- M could stand for Monsieur but is that assumption on the podcast producers part.