Author Topic: Trying to reunite Medal with family  (Read 477 times)

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Elias Saundie (Soundie) and Jane Heeley
    • View Profile
Trying to reunite Medal with family
« on: Sunday 16 June 19 23:09 BST (UK) »
I have been having a clearout and found a medal that I think I picked up at a car boot sale or somewhere about 20 years ago that I meant to research but most stuff wasnít online then

Anyway itís a WW2 Medal with Palestine 1945-1948 bar on it it has the name H Dearden and the number T 14472826 round the edge and I have found the medal card entry on ancestry but not sure where to go from here as it simply says H Dearden on the card entry
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.† (and eventually in Ireland) :-)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to reunite Medal with family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 June 19 23:20 BST (UK) »
Have you tried looking for a matching family tree on Ancestry. Maybe it would be a good idea to post a message on the Armed Forces Board too.
Good Luck.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Elias Saundie (Soundie) and Jane Heeley
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to reunite Medal with family
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 June 19 00:18 BST (UK) »
I have posted in armed forces now

I did have a quick check through but none jumped out but difficult to tell when I only have an initial 😕
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.† (and eventually in Ireland) :-)