Author Topic: William SHARPE  (Read 801 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace Jardine - Morrison
    • View Profile
Re: William SHARPE
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 19 June 19 09:20 BST (UK) »
Obituary
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/13963754?

Just for reference, neither of those are an ‘obituary’, but rather they are a funeral notice and an In Memoriam. An Obit usually has some information about a person’s life when they were living.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline zylar22

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 19 June 19 09:51 BST (UK) »
Yes that is correct.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 19 June 19 11:58 BST (UK) »
Yes that is correct.

This does not make good sense to me at present.  May I please be informed as to which post it is in response to?

Submissions form the basis of the database.   :)  If no one else has provided a summary I will,  once my access has been restored.

JM

Or

William Laurence Sharpe is not the William Sharpe I am related to sorry.

My William Sharpe’s wife was the daughter of John Oldfield Constable. She was Mary Catherine Constable.

Ah, Do you mean that your William SHARPE is mentioned on the database, but only insofar as being the husband of Mary of the CONSTABLE family?

Tricky when we can't see it ;)

Sue

Or

Obituary
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/13963754?

Just for reference, neither of those are an ‘obituary’, but rather they are a funeral notice and an In Memoriam. An Obit usually has some information about a person’s life when they were living.

Jamjar

Thanks,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 

Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.

Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 

Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.

Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 21 June 19 07:02 BST (UK) »
Submissions form the basis of the database.   :)  If no one else has provided a summary I will,  once my access has been restored.

JM

If you are wondering why I have not typed up a summary .... I have not had a response back re lack of access ....  perhaps webmaster is on holidays ... or checks on weekly basis ...

JM